Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Changing the Volume
Changing the Volume [message #93184] Mon, 22 February 2021 12:18 Go to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I like watching horror movies and thrillers even when I would get easily surprised. Watching these genres for a long time made me realize how much excitement is removed when I would lower down the volume during intense scenes. Although it's a hassle, I lower the volume too if the scene and sound effects are too loud then increase it again because the voice can't be heard afterwards.

Do you keep the sound as it is when you're watching or are you the type to change the volume from time to time?
Re: Changing the Volume [message #93204 is a reply to message #93184] Wed, 24 February 2021 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
No, I never thought of it. It sounds like a brilliant hack for watching those shows with kids who aren't too young to see it, but still get a little freaked out. Good one!

I feel a bit foolish for not thinking of this one myself. Of course the sound makes a difference. They use the music to hype it up and create tension.
Re: Changing the Volume [message #93242 is a reply to message #93184] Thu, 04 March 2021 09:52 Go to previous message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
I lower the volume as needed. There is nothing more annoying than listening to a quiet scene only to get bombarded by loud noises when the tone of the script/acting changes.
Previous Topic: It Chapter 2
Next Topic: Legendary jazz composer Chick Corea
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:23:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout