Home » Audio » General » Sounds that Help You Focus
Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93063] Fri, 05 February 2021 10:33 Go to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
I've been uneasy and have trouble focusing on one task at a time because it seems like everything is within reach. Sometimes I would listen to chill music in an effort to ease my mind. Classical music helps me to focus too but some of it just ends up disturbing me. Maybe I shouldn't listen to it while doing my work. What kind of music helps you relax?
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93067 is a reply to message #93063] Fri, 05 February 2021 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Death Metal mannn... I'm just pullin your leg. Like you, some classical, and Jazz. Maybe some of that space ambience type music, if you can call it that. Maybe good to go to sleep with.
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93071 is a reply to message #93063] Fri, 05 February 2021 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunsWithScissors is currently offline  RunsWithScissors
Chancellor
For me, nothing beats gentle flute music. There's something so alien and relaxing about a well played flute. I also like listening to music in other languages. When I don't understand the words, I'm able to focus more on the music itself. That helps me relax.
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93075 is a reply to message #93071] Sat, 06 February 2021 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
RunsWithScissors, I'm just the opposite! I've found that when I listen to music with lyrics in a different language, I'm more distracted. I want to understand what they are saying, but obviously, I can't! Laughing I also speak snippets of French and Spanish, and so when I am listening to a song in those languages, I understand bits and pieces. That's really distracting!
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93080 is a reply to message #93063] Sun, 07 February 2021 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Thank you guys! I'll try and listen to some of your suggestions. Ambient music sounds chill and so do flute sounds. That kind of reminds me about Asian classical which is a combination of both. Hopefully, I don't get too relaxed and doze off.
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93083 is a reply to message #93080] Sun, 07 February 2021 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
safebet is currently offline  safebet
Esquire
I prefer quiet, but found Brian Eno's Thursday Afternoon musical piece wonderful in headphones if you need to tune out sounds around you. It is ambient wiith purcussive, slowly changing elements but none that cause you to either expect or follow what's coming next.
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93087 is a reply to message #93063] Sun, 07 February 2021 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I must be different because I can focus with any music on. At times when I feel like I'm getting nothing done, I put on music and get busy. What I listen to depends on my mood.
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93088 is a reply to message #93063] Sun, 07 February 2021 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
safebet is currently offline  safebet
Esquire
We're all different. Sure, I play music when I'm physically doing things but when I am composing and in deep thought I prefer only the voices in my head. Smile
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93089 is a reply to message #93063] Sun, 07 February 2021 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
@safebet That was funny, sounds and voices in your head. I feel the same way though. Music distracts me at times when I'm trying to concentrate on something. There are times when I just need to hear myself think.
Re: Sounds that Help You Focus [message #93092 is a reply to message #93089] Sun, 07 February 2021 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I used to be able to focus (at least I thought I did) with nearly any kind of music or noise going. Now I prefer quiet. Comes with age I suppose Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: When It Is Enough?
Next Topic: The Ticking Of A Clock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:01:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers