Home » Audio » General » Suddenly It's Compatible
Suddenly It's Compatible [message #92949] Fri, 15 January 2021 06:57 Go to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I received earbuds for Christmas but then found out that it wasn't compatible with my phone. It would get connected but the music would only play during a call.

I tried to fix it by restarting and checking the settings if there's something wrong but nothing worked. After a few days, I tried to use it again then surprisingly it just worked.
Re: Suddenly It's Compatible [message #92952 is a reply to message #92949] Fri, 15 January 2021 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
That is interesting! I wonder if something just wasn't set up correctly. Did you change any settings for it to "just work"? I am having issues getting my smartwatch to work the way I want it too. I can't get some fitness apps to show or track. Maybe it will just work in a few days (I'm hopeful).
Re: Suddenly It's Compatible [message #92953 is a reply to message #92949] Fri, 15 January 2021 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
That's what exactly happened to my earbuds. I let it be for a couple of days and just kept it in someplace. Using it again was just me trying my luck since I wasn't even that hopeful anymore.
Re: Suddenly It's Compatible [message #92986 is a reply to message #92953] Thu, 21 January 2021 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Sometimes it takes a while for the wireless capabilities to sync up. Or maybe there was a silent software update on your device that made it work. Don't you wish you knew so you could replicate it in the future? Yep.
Re: Suddenly It's Compatible [message #93082 is a reply to message #92986] Sun, 07 February 2021 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Madison wrote on Thu, 21 January 2021 19:27
Sometimes it takes a while for the wireless capabilities to sync up. Or maybe there was a silent software update on your device that made it work. Don't you wish you knew so you could replicate it in the future? Yep.
Yeah, you're right. Maybe it was the syncing capabilities that made it work after a while because I remember restarting it many times before keeping it someplace. I guess it's better to look it up, thanks!
Re: Suddenly It's Compatible [message #93213 is a reply to message #92949] Thu, 25 February 2021 10:19 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
I'm thinking the brand and/or style of earbuds was so new, the phone had to update itself to be compatible. It sounds like something newer phones would do. If it is introduced to something like earbuds it is not compatible with, it will fix itself so it is.
Previous Topic: Connecting with Music
Next Topic: The Absence Of Sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:22:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout