Home » Audio » Measurement » Erin's Audio Corner buys a $100k Klippel NFS
Erin's Audio Corner buys a $100k Klippel NFS [message #92957] Sat, 16 January 2021 08:23 Go to next message
jtwrace is currently offline  jtwrace
Viscount
I'm posting this from another site that he posted. I find this pretty amazing as this is a hobby for him and something he's doing out of passion. Check it out below and his website and YouTube channel. He has great info! Also, if you want to send him speakers to measure, keep in mind that there's no cost to you.

Well, after months of back and forth, looking at expenses and trying to predict the future, I finally did it...

I have acquired a Klippel Near Field Scanner!!!!

As some of you have seen me say before, it takes me 10+ hours; sometimes literal days. The NFS will cut that time down significantly and provide even higher accuracy data. I should be receiving it hopefully within a few weeks. I am awaiting a shipping date from Klippel but I just sent payment for shipping/import fees this morning.

It's going to take me a long time to pay this off... at my current YouTube revenue rate it may be 10-15 years (I have literally been averaging $10/day; which is nice but it is nowhere near enough to make a living from). So, it should be apparent (if it wasn't already apparent) this isn't about money for me but about passion. Frankly, if I were in this stuff for the money then I would just throw up subjective reviews like so many of the other reviewers and knock out a review per week. That's not a knock against those guys... plenty of people watch and appreciate that content. But that's not my goal with my channel/site. For me it is about gathering evidence (data) and using that to help draw meaningful conclusions about what we as listeners like and prefer and then use that knowledge along with future data to help inform in order to make purchase decisions that make more sense for us. I am trying hard to do my best to provide objective and subjective; that's my real goal. And I think I do a good job but the NFS will allow me to take it to a new level. This isn't my full time job but I work just as hard at it as I do my day job.

As I've said before... if I can just break even, this is a great way for me to pass the time in a meaningful way. I get to play with cool toys. I get to make more friends. I get to learn. I get to grow. And, maybe, if this passion doesn't wane (it hasn't in my last 15 years) then it'll be a hobby for me after I retire from my real job. And the community benefits with great data. The data can never replace hearing something yourself (because tastes can change, etc). But I am a proponent of good data to help us build a better understanding and filter out the junk from the "maybe" pile.

Now, I'm all in on this and payment is being taken care of on my end. However, I have started a PayPal contribution page for those of you who have the means and have found my efforts useful enough to warrant contributing to the cause in order to help me at least offset some of my costs. I know times are tough for everyone so if you can't or simply don't want to contribute, hey, I get it. Like I said, it's already a done deal. But if you are able to help just know that I am extremely grateful for anything you can help with.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/hardisj

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2678&private=0

If you want to help contribute to the cause the link is below:

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8w2TceVzwh?_ga=2.139297843.1684876862.1610634485-1400025721.1602801768

Full disclosure: Erin did come on my podcast and that episode is coming soon so please subscribe to my YouTube channel! Wink
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos
Re: Erin's Audio Corner buys a $100k Klippel NFS [message #92958 is a reply to message #92957] Sat, 16 January 2021 10:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

How cool is that?!!

I think your podcast is such a great idea, by the way. Thanks for keeping us informed of your audio pursuits!
Previous Topic: H290B Polars and Directivity
Next Topic: Your go-to
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:59:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout