Home » Audio » General » Optimizing Audio on YouTube
Optimizing Audio on YouTube [message #92760] Sun, 13 December 2020 20:52 Go to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
Are there any steps to take to optimize audio for low-bitrate output? Specifically, I'm wondering how to achieve the best results with YouTube's 128kbps audio.
Re: Optimizing Audio on YouTube [message #92830 is a reply to message #92760] Sun, 20 December 2020 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OutOfSpace is currently offline  OutOfSpace
Chancellor
Last I checked, you can't create more bits more often from whatever source you have. Best suggestion is better playback equipment. If that means you hear too much of the nastiness, many less capable playback equipment. In other words, play around more with what you have and see how far you get, or get better sources to see if that helps.
FWIW, I can certainly tell the difference between a CD and a LAME ripped version of the same song from that CD, and CD's aren't known for their sonic reputation.

Chris
Re: Optimizing Audio on YouTube [message #92832 is a reply to message #92830] Sun, 20 December 2020 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
This isn't the fanciest solution, but just wearing some decent headphones can make a big difference when it comes to enhancing the audio quality of YouTube videos.
Re: Optimizing Audio on YouTube [message #92850 is a reply to message #92760] Fri, 25 December 2020 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
I wasn't super clear in my original post. I'm looking to optimize audio for other people who are listening. I have YouTube channel, and I want my subscribers to have the best audio experience when watching my videos. I'm wondering if there's something I can do from the creator's end.
Re: Optimizing Audio on YouTube [message #92867 is a reply to message #92760] Sun, 27 December 2020 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
positron is currently offline  positron
Viscount
As far as playback, I got "premium", so I get a 256k rate.
As far as recording, I would record as high of rate possible and
see if YouTube receives it as is, or the need to lessen the rate.
Of course, as high fidelity as possible.

cheers and hope this helps.

pos
Re: Optimizing Audio on YouTube [message #92914 is a reply to message #92867] Tue, 05 January 2021 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Another trick I learned is to search for the video like usual, but add HQ or high quality after the search term. Sometimes there will be a better quality upload if you can just find it.
positron wrote on Sun, 27 December 2020 19:05
As far as playback, I got "premium", so I get a 256k rate.
Was it worth the expense? I'm not that familiar with YouTube's paid for stuff.
Re: Optimizing Audio on YouTube [message #92915 is a reply to message #92914] Tue, 05 January 2021 17:38 Go to previous message
positron is currently offline  positron
Viscount
Thanks for the info Madisond. Much appreciated.

I, personally, found Premium YouTube to be quite worthwhile. But then I used to
be a Designer/Manufacture, retired now.

Of course one must consider system/room quality.

cheers and thanks again.

pos
Previous Topic: The Trees And The Flute
Next Topic: Strange Animal Noises
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:09:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers