Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Best Holiday Movie
Best Holiday Movie [message #92851] Fri, 25 December 2020 16:04 Go to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
Since today is Christmas, let's talk about holiday movies! What are your favorite holiday movies? My family and I always watch It's A Wonderful Lifeand we watch Die Hard too, even though it isn't really meant to be a holiday movie. It's just set on Christmas. Very Happy
Re: Best Holiday Movie [message #92858 is a reply to message #92851] Sat, 26 December 2020 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
Die Hard is a holiday movie, that is a big joke in my family. I have many favorite holiday movies, I could not pick just one. I love all the Santa Clause movies and Elf too. I love all the old movies too.
Re: Best Holiday Movie [message #92860 is a reply to message #92858] Sun, 27 December 2020 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've liked a couple Christmas movies with some humor. A Christmas Story with Ralphie and his family. Adapted from the wonderful author Jean Shepherd. Which caught the time period and characters of the short stories it's based on perfectly.
And Nat'l Lampoons Christmas Vacation with the absurd Griswold family. Chevy Chase's best movie character for my vote.
Re: Best Holiday Movie [message #92865 is a reply to message #92851] Sun, 27 December 2020 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RunsWithScissors is currently offline  RunsWithScissors
Chancellor
My girlfriend is a huge horror fan, and every year she insists that we watch Krampus. It's a dark comedy horror movie about a family that gets attacked by Krampus. I'm not a huge fan of horror, but I watch it because I love my girlfriend Razz
Re: Best Holiday Movie [message #92882 is a reply to message #92851] Wed, 30 December 2020 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
My pick is the Nightmare Before Christmas. Is it a Christmas movie? Is it a Halloween movie? Both. It's both. The songs and the stop-motion animation are captivating. I just love that movie, and I'll use two separate holidays as an excuse to watch it! Very Happy
Re: Best Holiday Movie [message #93023 is a reply to message #92882] Tue, 26 January 2021 21:45 Go to previous message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
MRikki wrote on Wed, 30 December 2020 00:20
My pick is the Nightmare Before Christmas. Is it a Christmas movie? Is it a Halloween movie? Both. It's both. The songs and the stop-motion animation are captivating. I just love that movie, and I'll use two separate holidays as an excuse to watch it! Very Happy
I LOVE Nightmare Before Christmas! When I was a teenager, I convinced my family to watch it with me. They were not impressed by it and my mom found it downright disturbing. Since then, we've steered towards classic family holiday movies. But the year we watched Nightmare Before Christmas will always be a fond memory of mine! Laughing
Previous Topic: Netflix raising some prices again
Next Topic: Is Disney+ Worth the Money?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:54:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout