Home » Audio » General » Annoying Sounds
Annoying Sounds [message #92815] Sat, 19 December 2020 23:44 Go to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
My mom despises knuckle-cracking. My dad can't stand whistling. My boyfriend hates loud chewing noises. I hate the sound of the vacuum cleaner.

What sounds do you find annoying? Why do you find them annoying?
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #92816 is a reply to message #92815] Sun, 20 December 2020 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
I can't handle the sound of snapping gum. It feels like the gum-chewer is disrupting me just so they can enjoy the sound of their gum. Also, it's just rude. I had a cousin who would snap her gum to interrupt you when she wanted to talk. Mad
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #92827 is a reply to message #92815] Sun, 20 December 2020 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I cannot stand when someone breathes through their nose loudly. I want to scream, open your mouth already! It is my biggest pet peeve ever! I also hate slurping! No matter what it is, don't be slurping food.
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #92838 is a reply to message #92827] Tue, 22 December 2020 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
sammi40 wrote on Sun, 20 December 2020 15:38
I cannot stand when someone breathes through their nose loudly. I want to scream, open your mouth already! It is my biggest pet peeve ever! I also hate slurping! No matter what it is, don't be slurping food.
I'm just the opposite on breathing. I hate when people are heavy mouth breathers. It makes my mouth go dry in sympathy. Slurping I can handle. I can't handle loud smacking noises. Each bite you take doesn't require a loud smack of the lips Confused
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #92908 is a reply to message #92815] Mon, 04 January 2021 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
I hate the sound of people walking heavily. Their clomping footfalls just grate on me and feel really rude and unnecessary. We're not elephants or rhinos, so we don't have an excuse.
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #92910 is a reply to message #92908] Mon, 04 January 2021 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I don't know about that Penguin. When I worked in healthcare. I'd personally size up patients as being either barnyard or pasture sized. The greatest girthed patient we had was 840 lbs. It wasn't unusual to have a 400+ pasture sized patient in house at anyone time. Our c.t. scanner went up to 425 lbs., so anyone over the limit I rejoiced not having to throw my back out dealing with.
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #93230 is a reply to message #92815] Tue, 02 March 2021 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I hate the sound of honking cars during traffic or motorcycles that would unreasonably make a lot of noise when they would pass by on the streets. With the motorcycles, it's like everything is well then suddenly someone comes around and randomly disrupts the peace.
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #93231 is a reply to message #92815] Tue, 02 March 2021 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Fingernails scratching down a chalkboard. It's not as much a thing these days as it used to be, but when it was it really rubbed me the wrong way.
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #93276 is a reply to message #93230] Tue, 09 March 2021 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
Acacia wrote on Tue, 02 March 2021 10:54
I hate the sound of honking cars during traffic or motorcycles that would unreasonably make a lot of noise when they would pass by on the streets. With the motorcycles, it's like everything is well then suddenly someone comes around and randomly disrupts the peace.
Yes! This is so frustrating. My grandma lives in a quiet area, and whenever I visit her (pre-Covid), it seems that there's at least ONE motorcyclist who decides to rev their engine right outside her house. It's really distracting and annoying. My grandma also startles easily, so every motorcycle scares her a little bit. Confused
Re: Annoying Sounds [message #93282 is a reply to message #92815] Wed, 10 March 2021 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
I have to say that even if the genre of the music is something I like, it only becomes irritating when the volume turns too loud. This may be the same for everyone but I happen to know certain people who would really turn the volume so much that you can hear from their headphones.
Previous Topic: Son and YouTube
Next Topic: Is Anything Like This On The Market?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:51:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio