Home » Audio » General » Music In Your Dreams?
Music In Your Dreams? [message #88728] Sat, 25 August 2018 10:51 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Has anyone had a dream where they remember hearing music in it? I know that you never get the sensation of your feet touching the ground when you're dreaming, but what about the tunes?
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #88733 is a reply to message #88728] Sun, 26 August 2018 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
That's a curious question. And I don't remember any distinct musical accompaniment to one of my dreams. Some rather bizarre. But I can't figure that it couldn't occur. Yeah, and if it did happen to me, it'd probably be some song I despise.
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #88736 is a reply to message #88728] Sun, 26 August 2018 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Ive had that a few times when I was younger, and it was always with a familiar tune.

I remember being surprised at the accuracy and impeccable timing of the music (perhaps not very dream like).

Then I was told it was the silver fillings in my teeth... picking up radio waves like an antenna LOL..
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #88838 is a reply to message #88728] Mon, 17 September 2018 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I have never experienced such a thing but I also feel that it would be exciting to recall a dream that had music in it. I am a musical person so I think the best scenario would be a dream in a concert setting.
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #89022 is a reply to message #88728] Sun, 21 October 2018 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pato is currently offline  Pato
Chancellor
I can't remember ever hearing music in any of my dreams. In fact, I rarely ever remember my dreams at all. Sometimes, something happens during the course of the day that reminds me of a dream I had, but this doesn't happen often.
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #90231 is a reply to message #88736] Sun, 05 May 2019 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
johnnycamp5 wrote on Sun, 26 August 2018 19:01
Ive had that a few times when I was younger, and it was always with a familiar tune.

I remember being surprised at the accuracy and impeccable timing of the music (perhaps not very dream like).

Then I was told it was the silver fillings in my teeth... picking up radio waves like an antenna LOL..
That is intriguing. I wonder if that has any impact on your brain though? In a way, it doesn't sound that healthy. Like too much radiation or something.
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #90311 is a reply to message #88728] Mon, 13 May 2019 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I've heard music in my dreams tons of times, but it's from my alarm clock. I'll start to hear the song in my dream and then wake up to the same song playing. Is hearing music in your dreams not normal?
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #92802 is a reply to message #88728] Fri, 18 December 2020 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
I don't have music in my dreams. Maybe having music in dreams is a common thing, but the uncommon thing is remembering that specific dream when you wake up?
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #93081 is a reply to message #88728] Sun, 07 February 2021 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
This is an interesting thing to consider but thinking about it now, I don't recall having any music in my dreams. Although I remember having conversations, I can't make up the sounds it made. After seeing this post, I'm now curious about how people with hearing disabilities dream.
Re: Music In Your Dreams? [message #93086 is a reply to message #88728] Sun, 07 February 2021 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
What a great question. I don't think so, I've never really thought about it until right now. I remember having dreams about riding a carousel but I don't even remember that music. I can remember dreams about cruising in a car but I don't remember the music.
Previous Topic: Independent or Chain Retailers?
Next Topic: Connecting with Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:41:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout