Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Loft Dance Soundsystem Suggestions
Loft Dance Soundsystem Suggestions [message #92787] Thu, 17 December 2020 13:22 Go to next message
stropkoo is currently offline  stropkoo
Esquire
Hi All!

I'm going to be moving into a loft in a few months and am looking to put together a soundsystem for some smaller (50-100 people) events (post-Covid, of course). Music would primarily be the realm of disco and associated genres. Have been considering a range of options, from the obvious Klipschorns, to Altec 19 or A7s, to putting together a system with JBL cabs/components.

Recently, I've had Pi suggested by a few people, so I've been digging around and wanted to post a question to those more knowledgeable than I am: what kind of system would you recommend for this application? Given budgetary constraints, I've been thinking a good place to start might be two 4 Pi speakers (possibly later expanded to four) coupled with two of the PAL12 tapped horn subs. Obviously the 7 Pi more closely replicates the Klipschorn and may be superior, but my budget and general lack of handiness makes me concerned it wouldn't be feasible.

Thanks everyone!
Re: Loft Dance Soundsystem Suggestions [message #92789 is a reply to message #92787] Thu, 17 December 2020 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That sounds like a good plan. Four Pi mains with subs will work for you very nicely.
Re: Loft Dance Soundsystem Suggestions [message #92790 is a reply to message #92789] Thu, 17 December 2020 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stropkoo is currently offline  stropkoo
Esquire
Thanks for the input Wayne! On a related note, I'm assessing the feasibility of me building the Four Pis -- would you mind sending me the plans to build them? Thanks so much!
Re: Loft Dance Soundsystem Suggestions [message #92792 is a reply to message #92790] Thu, 17 December 2020 21:16 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!
Previous Topic: which PI speaker to build
Next Topic: Flanking subs with multi-sub optimizer, and other questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:17:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio