Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Shows that Jumped the Shark
Shows that Jumped the Shark [message #92771] Tue, 15 December 2020 15:58 Go to next message
RunsWithScissors is currently offline  RunsWithScissors
Chancellor
What are some shows that, to put it one way, stuck around too long and jumped the shark?

For me, The Walking Dead and Lost both hit their peak and then went downhill. I also feel that Westworld and Black Mirror are trending in that direction.
Re: Shows that Jumped the Shark [message #92772 is a reply to message #92771] Tue, 15 December 2020 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
The Walking Dead is an amazing show and it's still on. I do believe that this is the last season though. I do agree about Lost! I lost interest a few seasons before it was over. I think Law and Order dragged on too long too.
Re: Shows that Jumped the Shark [message #92774 is a reply to message #92771] Tue, 15 December 2020 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
@sammi40
No pun intended on how you lost interest in Lost? Very Happy
In all seriousness, I was pretty let down by Lost. I felt like it had an interesting premise and then it got messy to the point of becoming boring.

Another show I think dragged on is Friends. I feel like sitcoms are especially prone to becoming boring and repetitive.
Re: Shows that Jumped the Shark [message #92776 is a reply to message #92774] Wed, 16 December 2020 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Seems to me quite a few shows follow a pattern of pooping out midway then thankfully, bye bye. Lost was one of the early shows rather like a Russian doll, (Matryoshka), with one plot twist inside another twist that became more and more absurd after the 1st season. X-Files too, another with one conspiracy within another that just got tedious for me.
Some, like the recent Fargo season had sort of an erratic compelling, then, (say what?) episode quality that for me had a letdown ending. That's true in movies too I think. No Country For Old Men was a terrific cat and mouse chase with a ending like an ice cream cone that slips out of your hand and lands in the dirt.
Re: Shows that Jumped the Shark [message #92785 is a reply to message #92776] Thu, 17 December 2020 06:57 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
The last season of Game of Thrones was absolutely ridiculous. Those characters deserved better! I agree with you about Westworld, RunsWithScissors. I hope they pull it together next season! Maybe it's inevitable that long-running shows will jump the shark at some point. I guess they run out of material or something.
Previous Topic: Disney +
Next Topic: Drive in concerts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:19:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout