Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Netflix raising some prices again
Netflix raising some prices again [message #92573] Fri, 06 November 2020 13:33 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Basic will remain the same at $9. The standard tier is going up a buck, which puts it at $14 and the premium tier is going up two bucks which puts it at $18. The company raised prices last year on some of their subscription plans, so this latest hike is annoying, but it still seems like a good value to me. I'm sure Netflix has gained subscribers since more people are staying at home thanks to the pandemic. What do you think? I don't believe the price hike will even register for most subscribers.
Re: Netflix raising some prices again [message #92579 is a reply to message #92573] Sat, 07 November 2020 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, I noticed the rate change too.
Re: Netflix raising some prices again [message #92585 is a reply to message #92573] Sun, 08 November 2020 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I must have missed the email. I don't think it's a big deal to be honest. It's still much cheaper than cable (although I have both). A buck here or there and most people won't complain or drop the service.
Re: Netflix raising some prices again [message #92605 is a reply to message #92585] Sat, 14 November 2020 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I'm a single guy and would probably be fine with their lowest tier. The only thing I'd miss is watching movies in HD. I'm not keen on paying more. It's the principle of the matter. Cable started out affordable and look where it's at now. Will Netflix continue going up every year? I bet it does.
Re: Netflix raising some prices again [message #92996 is a reply to message #92605] Sat, 23 January 2021 00:09 Go to previous message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
Netflix will probably keep raising prices, but I think it'll level out eventually. They're pushing the envelope, seeing how much people are willing to pay for their service. Once they start losing lots of subscribers, I think they'll stop raising the prices.
Previous Topic: Sex and the City without Sam
Next Topic: Best Holiday Movie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:08:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout