Home » Audio » Speaker » Speakers In Robots
Speakers In Robots [message #92373] Sun, 04 October 2020 18:05 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I started listening to Joe Rogan earlier, it was a show with Jenny Kleeman. She is a documentarian and journalist and the show started out with them talking about human robots. Basically, fake humans you can do anything with that you could with a regular human.

I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about what kind of audio system, if any, they would put in these machines and how high of quality would it be?
Re: Speakers In Robots [message #92376 is a reply to message #92373] Mon, 05 October 2020 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If it could mimic singing and dancing to Big Fat Mama from Kokomo, I'd want one.

Just like Roy Brown...Gal From Kokomo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1ntmhkuQs
Re: Speakers In Robots [message #92395 is a reply to message #92376] Thu, 08 October 2020 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I bought something like that for my elderly father, to kind of keep him company and remind him to take his medicine. Sadly, the company went under and the robot died once the servers were down. It had decent speakers while it worked though.
Re: Speakers In Robots [message #92438 is a reply to message #92395] Fri, 16 October 2020 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
It's a shame that the company didn't sell the software to someone else when they were they were going under. Take some money on the way out and not disrupt the customers they did have.
Re: Speakers In Robots [message #92494 is a reply to message #92376] Sat, 24 October 2020 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I think the company did try to sell it off, but there were no buyers. It's an apt warning that early adopters of technology might pay big bucks to end up with nothing.
Rusty wrote on Mon, 05 October 2020 16:40
If it could mimic singing and dancing to Big Fat Mama from Kokomo, I'd want one.
I never owned one, but Jibo could kinda twerk. I kid you not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRJPo6LtEU
icon1.gif  Re: Speakers In Robots [message #93943 is a reply to message #92373] Fri, 18 June 2021 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
Surely they would use speakers that have been made with more advanced technology. If they use cheap parts, the audio equipment may end up ruining the whole robot.
Re: Speakers In Robots [message #94083 is a reply to message #92494] Thu, 22 July 2021 01:42 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
I checked this out, and I don't think I would need to rely on the audio to destress if the robot would be funny like this. At the least, I hope that companies wouldn't use audio systems that would make the humanoid sound creepy at dawn.

Quote:
I never owned one, but Jibo could kinda twerk. I kid you not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRJPo6LtEU
Previous Topic: Speakers for Classical Music
Next Topic: Coaxial speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:25:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers