Home » Audio » Radio » Any Suspense fans here? (old-time radio show)
Any Suspense fans here? [message #92444] Sat, 17 October 2020 12:17 Go to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Baron
Any other fans here of the OT radio drama Suspense? I just finished "Ghost Hunt" and dang was it unsettling. It was like the film Hereditary, a slow burner that induces anxiety and tension. The found footage plot device, popularized by The Blair Witch Project, plays out much better when it's audio only. I sure didn't see that ending coming either! Which episodes have you enjoyed?

Most of us probably weren't around during the heyday of radio when this show was popular.
I'm a recent convert and I have to say that it's aged well! You can find many of the episodes on YouTube if you're interested in checking the series out.
Re: Any Suspense fans here? [message #92449 is a reply to message #92444] Mon, 19 October 2020 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Thank you for the tip, I will most certainly check it out. Tis the season! I don't know if I want anxiety though, just suspense in fiction.
Re: Any Suspense fans here? [message #92471 is a reply to message #92444] Thu, 22 October 2020 14:06 Go to previous message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Chancellor
I remember my grandfather talking about the whole family sitting around the radio at night. I have never listened to any of those shows but I might just give it a try. Thanks for bringing back great memories of my grandfather.
Previous Topic: Which kind of radio do you listen to most?
Next Topic: Sat radio lifetime subscription
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 29 20:56:27 CDT 2020

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout