Home » Audio » Home Theater » Setting up a hybrid space
Setting up a hybrid space [message #90158] Fri, 26 April 2019 00:15 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I once had the home theater set up in the living room because it was an ideal space at that point in time. Later on, I opted to have a separate dedicated room. It may not have the traditional look but we are slowly getting there. I am thinking of adding more furniture and applying lighter colors to the walls.

What else should I add in order to make it multipurpose in nature?
Re: Setting up a hybrid space [message #90380 is a reply to message #90158] Wed, 29 May 2019 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Having that ideal space is something I have had in mind for a long time since having the set up in the living room can be quite limiting at times. Adding more furniture and applying lighter colors to the walls, is a good place to start.
Re: Setting up a hybrid space [message #90389 is a reply to message #90158] Sun, 02 June 2019 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
For a long time, I have been considering this while also wondering what the best size for a home theater room would be. I think that you can create a special dedicated room, for a decent amount.
Re: Setting up a hybrid space [message #90964 is a reply to message #90158] Sat, 28 September 2019 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
drake wrote on Fri, 26 April 2019 00:15

What else should I add in order to make it multipurpose in nature?
Kitchen items and a dog trained to open the fridge to fetch the beer and chips. Laughing

If you have the room, get a ping-pong table. They fold in half when not in use.
Re: Setting up a hybrid space [message #90988 is a reply to message #90964] Mon, 30 September 2019 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
A nice home stereo system for music, podcasts, and audiobooks would be nice. I'd add a screen of some sort to block out any extra light when watching a movie on the projector.
Re: Setting up a hybrid space [message #92381 is a reply to message #90158] Tue, 06 October 2020 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I say recliners! Add recliners, add a new surround sound setup too. I'd toss in beanbags for the kid's too. I think it would be cool to have a little reading nook in the corner too.
Re: Setting up a hybrid space [message #92406 is a reply to message #92381] Fri, 09 October 2020 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I've seen some amazing DIY projects where the TV and audio systems were hidden back in the wall. It was unobtrusive when you weren't actively using it and easy to use when you wanted to see a movie or listen to music. I'm not handy enough to pull that off myself, but I thought it looked neat.
Re: Setting up a hybrid space [message #92446 is a reply to message #92406] Sat, 17 October 2020 12:43 Go to previous message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Strum Drum wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 20:25
I've seen some amazing DIY projects where the TV and audio systems were hidden back in the wall. It was unobtrusive when you weren't actively using it. . .
I actually built something like that, unfortunately I found the extra design work and construction to be pretty useless if you're hiding things that you use on a daily basis. It's a neat concept and everyone seems impressed once they experience the big reveal, but we hardly ever hide our devices because we use them all the time. The sat radio, speakers, and TV firmly remain in the out position. I wish I'd had the forethought to think about that before I spent time and money on it.

Previous Topic: Projector heats up and turns off
Next Topic: Simple DIY Home Theatre setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:02:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout