Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Disappointing year
Disappointing year [message #92388] Wed, 07 October 2020 10:31 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Is it just me, or has it been a bad year for new movies? I went to the movie theater several times before the pandemic struck, yet none of the films stand out in my mind. I think the most disappointing for me was Exit Plan which was hard work getting through it. Have you seen any great movies lately?
Re: Disappointing year [message #92392 is a reply to message #92388] Wed, 07 October 2020 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I thought Tenet was pretty good, if a little pretentious. I haven't seen that many great movies this year though. Then again, I also haven't been willing to pay those high rental fees that came about during the height of the pandemic when most movie theaters closed down.
Re: Disappointing year [message #92416 is a reply to message #92388] Sun, 11 October 2020 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I have not seen any new movies since the pandemic. I don't remember what movies were even supposed to come out. I heard a new Bill and Ted movie came out. Has anyone seen it or heard about it? I don't see myself going to the theater anytime soon.
Re: Disappointing year [message #92625 is a reply to message #92416] Mon, 16 November 2020 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I watched Bill and Ted Face the Music. It was a cute show and pretty funny. I rented it while my niece was here. I believe it's come down in price if you want to rent it. It's like $5 something on YouTube.
Re: Disappointing year [message #92627 is a reply to message #92625] Tue, 17 November 2020 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I didn't like Tenet because it was hard to follow, but it did make me see Rob Pattinson in a new light. Maybe he won't make the worst Batman after all. Bill and Ted Face the Music is a wholesome family movie with a good message behind it. It's worth seeing if you have kids. I recently saw Mortal and it was a huge disappointment! There's lots of talking and very little action, which isn't what I expected. It's a bummer because these films are expensive to rent when they first come out.
Re: Disappointing year [message #92739 is a reply to message #92388] Tue, 08 December 2020 14:48 Go to previous message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
I'm pretty excited for Tenet. I've always enjoyed Christopher Nolan's work, so I'm really eager to see this newest title. I'm going to wait for it to be on DVD.

Before the pandemic hit, I saw Onward in the theater. I know that lots of people didn't like it, but I found it very touching. So far, it's my favorite new release of 2020.
Previous Topic: Tried the new Vevo app?
Next Topic: Disney +
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:50:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout