Home » Audio » General » Dictaphones
Dictaphones [message #92235] Sun, 30 August 2020 08:49 Go to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
There are some good reviews of Dictaphones coming out now, which I attribute to the coming Christmas season. So far, it looks like Sony is leading the pack in general quality and price.

In your everyday life though, would a good unit be useful?
Re: Dictaphones [message #92237 is a reply to message #92235] Sun, 30 August 2020 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hummm....I have not seen an actual one for years. Why not just a hand held recorder. Either solid state chip based storage or even tape (a little harder to find). I guess the bigger question is what are you going to do with it?

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Dictaphones [message #92242 is a reply to message #92237] Tue, 01 September 2020 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I could see writers using them. They could be somewhere doing something outside of their space of writing, come up with something good and talk it out.
Re: Dictaphones [message #92669 is a reply to message #92235] Wed, 25 November 2020 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Personal use would be the biggest reason in owning one. I'm sure there are people out there who would buy one just to hear how other people hear them when they talk.
Re: Dictaphones [message #92672 is a reply to message #92669] Wed, 25 November 2020 19:37 Go to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I have no interest in them, but some of these produce CD quality audio, so I can see how it would useful for a singer/songwriter. Plus the microphone is better than what's on your phone so maybe it would suit a videographer or a podcaster as well. Are they pushing these as Christmas gifts?
Previous Topic: Satellites
Next Topic: Old gear you kept around?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:15:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout