Home » xyzzy » Tower » Cool Stuff in the Summer of 2020
Re: Cool Stuff in the Summer of 2020 [message #92155 is a reply to message #92086] Sat, 15 August 2020 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Last weekend, I cleaned the old carpet and pad out of the interior. Seats are already at the upholstery shop. Ran the stereo wires from the dash back to the trunk, putting them in the factory conduit which runs under the carpet. You can see it here running along the floorboard; It's the black ribbon looking thing on the driver's side floor:

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2602&private=0
1968 Impala carpet-less interior

Yesterday, I picked up the block from the machine shop. I had already chased all the bolt holes with a tap, cleaning them out. And I had radiused the oil passages and rounded sharp edges on the block to prevent cracks. I took the block for cylinder honing and crank align honing. I already had the crank ground 0.010" under on the main and rod journals. Now it's time to balance the crank with the pistons, rods, bearings and rings.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2603&private=0
Nice fresh small-block Chevy block
Re: Cool Stuff in the Summer of 2020 [message #92157 is a reply to message #92086] Sat, 15 August 2020 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Looking good!

Sheet metal looks good... back here in the NE it would look much more like Swiss cheese or an old shipwreck.
Is that really the stock wire chase? On my phone It looks more like a bicycle inner tube.

The block looks great in the pics...Looking at the bearing caps, is that why they call them "4 bolt mains"??
Re: Cool Stuff in the Summer of 2020 [message #92162 is a reply to message #92157] Sun, 16 August 2020 12:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yep, those are 4-bolt main caps.

Here's a close-up of that conduit for the wires running from the dash to the trunk. That's the original part. I didn't know I'd find one there, and was planning to run my wires through some kind of protective cover. But I found this already there, so I ran my wires through it. This photo shows the section around the middle of the conduit, right under the front seat:

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2604&private=0
Previous Topic: Weeds
Next Topic: Gee Tar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:21:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers