Home » Audio » Source » Create your own
Create your own [message #91417] Thu, 06 February 2020 17:07 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Master
Everyone knows you can pick and choose which songs to burn to a CD and that it's super easy to do at home. Is there a vinyl equivalent? I know commercial companies make custom records like Vinylify, but I'm more interested in making these at home. Is that possible?

When I first joined here, I remember reading a thread about whether music was pirated years ago, when vinyl was the in thing. I believe the consensus was yes, but I don't think anyone mentioned how they made the records at home. I intend to pay for the music or use something that's in the public domain.
Re: Create your own [message #91420 is a reply to message #91417] Fri, 07 February 2020 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (1st Degree)
https://phonocut.com/
Whether or not this gets into production is the question. Around 1100 proposed cost. I guess you'd have to be very involved in the notion of creating your own personal records. I'm just fine plunkn' down a record and just listening. Or digitizing from vinyl my own series of tunes for play in the car.
Re: Create your own [message #91423 is a reply to message #91420] Sat, 08 February 2020 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (4th Degree)
Hi, having been from that era...we used tape recorders. Reel to reel at first then cassette.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Create your own [message #91974 is a reply to message #91423] Fri, 29 May 2020 09:26 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 19:44
Hi, having been from that era...we used tape recorders. Reel to reel at first then cassette.
Me and my younger brother would sit there for hours on rainy weekends and do this. We would use the records from our older brothers' collections at first, and then years later use our own. We had to wait sometimes for our oldest brother to go to a chess match to pirate off his collection because he was very private about it.

Good times.
Previous Topic: Converting vinyl to mp3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 06 00:34:01 CDT 2020

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout