Home » Audio » General » Birds In The City
Birds In The City [message #91775] Tue, 28 April 2020 20:20 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Big metropolitan areas have noise pollution. Some more than others. There are also birds in these big cities. We hear them, but don't think much about it.

Lately though, it seems as if I hear them more and their calls and songs are clearer somehow.

Do you think the lack of noise pollution helps helps their sound carry in a clearer way since human made noise has subsided greatly?
Re: Birds In The City [message #91897 is a reply to message #91775] Mon, 18 May 2020 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Any sound will carry farther and be heard better if there are no audible interference's getting in the way. I'm thinking an end of the world scenario where all you hear are birds in a city with their songs and chirps echoing off the vacant buildings.
Re: Birds In The City [message #91949 is a reply to message #91775] Sun, 24 May 2020 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
It's a shame in a way that businesses and such are opening back up. The bird songs are going to get a bit drowned out again. I'm sure they were relieved for a few weeks that they didn't have to compete with all that noise in order to be heard.
Re: Birds In The City [message #91951 is a reply to message #91949] Mon, 25 May 2020 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I saw this series when the pandemic shut down started. Sort of a prophetic take on the unknown we were embarking on. But an interesting study of how the world would adapt to our dominating presence. Without us around, nature would take over and balance out the ecosystem. Our relics would be absorbed relatively quickly by the biodiversity of the planet.
Life After People:
https://play.history.com/shows/life-after-people#episodes
Re: Birds In The City [message #92616 is a reply to message #91897] Sun, 15 November 2020 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Kingfish wrote on Mon, 18 May 2020 05:51
Any sound will carry farther and be heard better if there are no audible interference's getting in the way. I'm thinking an end of the world scenario where all you hear are birds in a city with their songs and chirps echoing off the vacant buildings.
And now I'm picturing "I Am Legend".

I don't think it's going to come to that with this pandemic, especially with talk of the President elect ordering another shut down because of the recent rise in cases everywhere.

Re: Birds In The City [message #94135 is a reply to message #91775] Sun, 01 August 2021 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
I think birdsong is one of the easiest ways to connect people to nature. It's such a shame that noise pollution makes it difficult to appreciate these beautiful songs that the birds are singing.
Re: Birds In The City [message #94156 is a reply to message #91775] Sat, 07 August 2021 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I agree. The birds might be feeling more at ease now with the minimal movement in the cities. Noise pollution has decreased more than ever, which may have also attracted more birds into the area.
Nouri wrote on Tue, 28 April 2020 20:20

Do you think the lack of noise pollution helps helps their sound carry in a clearer way since human made noise has subsided greatly?
Re: Birds In The City [message #94444 is a reply to message #91775] Sat, 18 September 2021 07:23 Go to previous message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
It's no doubt that too much noise pollution will drive the birds away. They probably won't even bother to settle near crowded places. That's why you'll only be able to hear birds if you're living in a more secluded neighborhood.
Previous Topic: Voice Acting
Next Topic: Lying Down with a Podcast
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:41:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout