Home » xyzzy » Tower » Do You Budget For This?
Do You Budget For This? [message #91201] Mon, 18 November 2019 20:48 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Many people have a household budget that itemizes for spending;for both needs and wants. Do you make a separate category for all things audio? From the main stereo unit down to needle cleaners?
Re: Do You Budget For This? [message #91207 is a reply to message #91201] Tue, 19 November 2019 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've always been budget conscious with any purchase. I don't have a money tree near me. But, I've managed with some diy, and not being compulsive, to usually get what I want. The diy part in particular has made me satisfied with what I've got, and that personal sweat equity aspect that someone whom buys and forever is trading up trying to find that brass ring, holy grail misses. Isn't that why there's Audiogon?
Re: Do You Budget For This? [message #91213 is a reply to message #91207] Tue, 19 November 2019 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, That is certainly desirable, but I don't. Most of the time if I want something I just buy it. Usually though I first research it to see if it does something I "need". Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do You Budget For This? [message #91648 is a reply to message #91201] Tue, 31 March 2020 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I would love to get there someday because, at the moment, I categorize anything to do with audio as a need and not a want. Do you rely on user reviews when researching something you need to buy?
Re: Do You Budget For This? [message #91651 is a reply to message #91648] Tue, 31 March 2020 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:
Do you rely on user reviews when researching something you need to buy?
A bit. I guess that can be fraught with phony users. But a large ratio of positive to negative is helpful to form a notion to buy. As long as the positive ratio isn't baited with phony positives. I don't go by advertising or commercial reviews. They're paid off by and large by the merchandiser I think. Forums can be useful too for good opinions sometimes. Also, some consumer oriented sites can have good insight into the pro's and con's. I tend to get weary of just going through the maize of info. I hemmed and hawed for months buying a smart tv. Checking things out. Finally I just went to Costco and bought one. So far so good.
Re: Do You Budget For This? [message #91665 is a reply to message #91201] Mon, 06 April 2020 09:47 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I would love to though I find myself impulse buying at times. The advantage of quality stuff is that they can for a long time without malfunctioning. As for the low-budget items, I grab one or two whenever I come across them. Anything audio, for me, is a need!
Previous Topic: In The Bedroom
Next Topic: Self Isolation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:40:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout