Home » Audio » Source » Garrott Brothers Cartridge
Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91627] Wed, 25 March 2020 19:15 Go to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
https://garrottbrothers.com/product/cartridges

I am sure you know about the Garrott Brothers. If you live in the United States because of the exchange rate you can get a good price on cartridge. The rate changes every day. Today the rate is .59 That means you can buy Optim FGS Ruby $1725 AUD for less than $1018 US dollars. You do not pay GST tax of 10%. Prices shown on website are Australian Dollars. In Australia there are 7 places you can buy the cartridges from. Make sure you pick the right one. Ask for some help on stereo net au
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91631 is a reply to message #91627] Thu, 26 March 2020 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What do you think of them?
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91635 is a reply to message #91627] Thu, 26 March 2020 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
At this moment, I don't have spare cash to buy any Garrott Brothers cartridge.
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91636 is a reply to message #91627] Thu, 26 March 2020 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
According to the reviews they are very good. All are mm cartridges. They are suppose to be better than my Shure M97xE. This is regarding P77i, Optim FGS, and Optim FGS Ruby.
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91637 is a reply to message #91636] Thu, 26 March 2020 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Gotcha. Yeah, right now might not be the best time to spend money on recreational purchases. But as cartridges go, some of 'em aren't nosebleed expensive. I haven't heard any of them but would like to.
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91760 is a reply to message #91637] Mon, 27 April 2020 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
What do Garrott Cartridges derive from? The body, guts that is. They seem to be a re-tipper that went into their own line of cartridges like the rebadged Grado cartridge whose name escapes me now.
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91761 is a reply to message #91760] Mon, 27 April 2020 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, I see. I'm still in good shape with the cartridges and styli I have, but when I saw this thread, I at least went and looked at the link. Some of their products were pretty reasonably priced, so I was interested to know more. I'd like to hear one. But I probably won't be buying any of them for a while.

I'm still running my Rega table, and while I'm liking it, I am still wanting to get another SL-1200 table. That was my first good hifi table back in the 1970s and I still have a fondness towards it. The guys at the audio shows are sometimes sportin' megabuck tables, and they maybe wouldn't be as fond of the SL-1200 but I personally think it is an awesome table.

Sorry to digress.
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91762 is a reply to message #91761] Mon, 27 April 2020 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I could blather on and on about the 1200. It's a wonderful, easy to set up and use table. And reliable and, and, and. Like I say, on and on. Geez, I think I spent maybe 6 bills new on it before it went extinct initially. There's the Technics 1500C out now that is pretty reasonably priced. And I think looks more attractive than the 1200 with the pitch control. I've never used it. KAB sells it with some of their modifications, which I think would be my go to if I were on the make for a turntable. https://www.kabusa.com/SL1500CSE.htm
Some of those high ender tables with their massive platters as heavy as the engine block from a 70's era Detroit land yacht. Some so gaudy and pimped up that they look kind of ridiculous to me.
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91763 is a reply to message #91762] Mon, 27 April 2020 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Without better photos, the cartridges look a lot like the early Shure ones, 91s 93s and 44s. They were often re-needled with upgraded stylus from various sources. Still popular today. With Shure getting out of the business last year a long term supply of bodies and stylus might get iffy. I had several in the past but much prefer other brands now.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Garrott Brothers Cartridge [message #91764 is a reply to message #91763] Mon, 27 April 2020 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Do you know whom does the re-badge'd Grado? I can't remember the name. Very expensive. I have a Grado red. Pretty much like it though my gripe with Grado and their Prestige line is they all have the same styli. And I think it's their little shell game they pull with the cartridge line and it's progressive selection process affording them a higher price tag is a detriment. I think the Prestige line would be wonderful with a progressively finer styli choice. Sounding better, tracking better.
Previous Topic: Marketing Tricks To Sell More Vinyl
Next Topic: Will streaming kill the vinyl resurgence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:23:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout