Home » Audio » Speaker » Recommended laptop speakers
Recommended laptop speakers [message #91388] Wed, 29 January 2020 22:38 Go to next message
Joyce is currently offline  Joyce
Chancellor
My daughter is quite the music enthusiast, so I am thinking of getting her a laptop with nice speakers as her old one gets rusty. Is there any brand you recommend? I've heard positive reviews of HP's Bang and Olufsen, but I wonder if it's just better to invest on separate desktop speakers.
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91408 is a reply to message #91388] Sun, 02 February 2020 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
The HP laptop will be super convenient to use and great for watching films and listening to music on the go. On the other hand, when the laptop dies, there goes her nice speakers. I've always thought that separate speakers produce better sound because they aren't trying to fit a certain mold the way that built-in speakers do. They aren't as convenient to cart around though, and I'm assuming she has a laptop instead of a desktop for its portability. So I'm voting for the HP laptop that has Bang and Olufsen speakers.
I bet she'll appreciate whatever you get her though.
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91409 is a reply to message #91388] Mon, 03 February 2020 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
With Apple now owning Beats, HP had to turn to Bang & Olufsen to help tune the sound in their PCs. I would recommend the HP Envy x360 or Pavillion x360 because of the great speakers.
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91413 is a reply to message #91388] Wed, 05 February 2020 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taurus is currently offline  Taurus
Chancellor
That's interesting. I didn't remember HP ever using Beats speakers.

Anyway, I am in favor of using earbuds or headphones if someone wants to enjoy all the musical details. If you just need something loud to scream with, HP is a good choice for many reasons beyond the speakers. I think Lenovo works with JBL for speakers; you may want to check that out too.
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91422 is a reply to message #91388] Fri, 07 February 2020 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
My daughter does not bring her laptop around a lot yet, but her college life is coming up soon, and we all know what usually happens around those years. Maybe I should focus more on productivity for now and get her separate desktop speakers for her birthday next time.

I had no idea Lenovo was working with JBL. The latter has a decent sound quality, though I am not a big fan of the former. I guess I'll keep my options open.
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91427 is a reply to message #91413] Tue, 11 February 2020 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Taurus wrote on Wed, 05 February 2020 23:46
Anyway, I am in favor of using earbuds or headphones if someone wants to enjoy all the musical details. If you just need something loud to scream with, HP is a good choice for many reasons beyond the speakers. I think Lenovo works with JBL for speakers; you may want to check that out too.
I agree because most people hardly use the laptop's external speakers. It may be best to use good quality earbuds and headphones. There is a wide variety of them that you can get at a bargain.
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91439 is a reply to message #91388] Sat, 15 February 2020 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I regularly remind my daughter not to spend too much time with loud music so close to her ears. It's equally bad when she plays music loud with external speakers, but I can just decrease the volume. Still, I want her to be able to enjoy the music she likes.
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91443 is a reply to message #91408] Sat, 15 February 2020 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Another possibility is some of the newer Bluetooth ones. That way she could use the laptop without them and with them as needed. Some of the ones that are modest insize (say 4 inches bu2 inches by 12 inches) are really quite amazing in sound quality. Plus they are portable.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Recommended laptop speakers [message #91494 is a reply to message #91443] Wed, 26 February 2020 07:37 Go to previous message
Chancellor
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 15 February 2020 19:43
Hi Another possibility is some of the newer Bluetooth ones. That way she could use the laptop without them and with them as needed. Some of the ones that are modest insize (say 4 inches bu2 inches by 12 inches) are really quite amazing in sound quality. Plus they are portable.
Yeah, I think I will just go with that. There are so many options with competitive prices for Bluetooth speakers these days. The only downside is probably the unstable sound quality among those speakers.
Previous Topic: Moded 2226HSu (Super) + 2451J on XT1464
Next Topic: Wall of Sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:21:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout