Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Audio Product Testers
Audio Product Testers [message #91128] Sun, 10 November 2019 06:00 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I know paid product testers are a thing, but is there any company specific to audio products? This would be great for my own personal situation and I'm running up against brick walls trying to find this specific niche in this industry.
Re: Audio Product Testers [message #91131 is a reply to message #91128] Sun, 10 November 2019 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've seen youtube evaluations, reviews of some audio devices. Primarily phono cartridges and preamps. I don't read the audio rags and their reviews. They're so compromised by advertising revenue influence that it's biased the review process. Rooting around the web and audio forums are about the best I can do. Then you roll the dice.
Re: Audio Product Testers [message #91145 is a reply to message #91128] Tue, 12 November 2019 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
You might want to try the companies that either make audio equipment, sell it, or both. Most product testing companies take any product they can get, so if you go straight to source you might get some work.
Re: Audio Product Testers [message #92225 is a reply to message #91128] Thu, 27 August 2020 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
If you have, or get, a large enough You Tube following in this niche then companies will respond to your inquiries about this. They won't compensate anyone for reviews if no one see's the reviews.
Re: Audio Product Testers [message #92393 is a reply to message #92225] Wed, 07 October 2020 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I think it would be fun, but not something that's terribly sustainable. I've gotten a fee guitar before, but that was after I was featured in the paper for doing volunteer work, teaching kids to play the guitar.
Re: Audio Product Testers [message #97041 is a reply to message #91128] Tue, 03 October 2023 07:50 Go to previous message
pietro111 is currently offline  pietro111
Esquire
I'm an audio products tester myself and I can tell you that some companies are more willing than other to send stuff or pay for the reviews. Usually they send me amplifiers, DACs and headphone for 30 days, than I publish a review, and I send the stuff back to the producer.

Reviews based on product testing with products sent by companies tend not to be too negative, however, it should be considered that often the reviewer already asks to test products of his interest, and that he will probably like... Moreover, there is still a considerable difference between a positive review and an enthusiastic review, so a certain degree of objectivity remains. This is my opinion, at least.
Previous Topic: Wireless Quality Mike
Next Topic: Piano Applications on the Phone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:07:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout