Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Impeachment Drama
Impeachment Drama [message #91047] Tue, 08 October 2019 21:16 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
While I'm here, I'd like to rant.

Who else is getting bone-sick tired of Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff and the others trying to make a personal vendetta look like legitimate politics?

Every time I turn on the news, there they are making a spectacle of themselves. This has been going on in one form or another since day 1 of Trumps presidency.

Enough already. There's work to be done and the only person in DC who is doing anything..........Is Trump.

Love him or hate him, at least he's trying to get things done.

Thank you for reading.

Re: Impeachment Drama [message #91051 is a reply to message #91047] Wed, 09 October 2019 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm completely sick of it too. I don't generally comment on political threads, but I'll definitely chime-in with you on this.

None of those people have any class at all. They all look pathetic to me.
Re: Impeachment Drama [message #91052 is a reply to message #91047] Wed, 09 October 2019 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've found the behavior of his political enablers despicable. My weary feelings for Trump supporters are, Trump's Chumps. Tools for a raving fool. He's a petty despot whom is tarnishing the office he holds and the democracy we have taken for granted. Under our nose for decades, the political process has been hijacked by obscene financial dependency and economic principals that favor the elite class providing the means.
His history is long fraught with dubious ethical and character behavior. This is just a continuation of that. For me, our democracy needs to show to the world that this temperament is counter to the needs of the many, and would be hypocritical in calling out other government's behavior. He's taking our future backward, not forward. We're all tired of it. Impeach the swine.

Re: Impeachment Drama [message #91060 is a reply to message #91047] Thu, 10 October 2019 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I am!
Re: Impeachment Drama [message #91064 is a reply to message #91047] Fri, 11 October 2019 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
Yes. Washington has become rather worthless over the years. I wish Jimmy Carter were able to run. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. But at 95.........
Re: Impeachment Drama [message #91098 is a reply to message #91064] Tue, 22 October 2019 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:

Airforce 3
Yes. Washington has become rather worthless over the years. I wish Jimmy Carter were able to run. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. But at 95.........
A man of great integrity. His presidential potential never reached unfortunately. I fear he's on the ropes now, two falls recently and presently a broken pelvis. But he came back from what seemed impossible, metastatic melanoma. A remarkable man and life.
Re: Impeachment Drama [message #92903 is a reply to message #91098] Sun, 03 January 2021 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
January 20th cannot come soon enough for all the egregious, absurd and disgusting "theories" being bandied about. This the latest in a near continuous output of repugnant acts committed these last four years is very reminiscent of what this thread was started over.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raffensperger-call-georgia-vote/2021/01/03/d45acb92-4dc4-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html
Ugly, very ugly political psycho drama. I'm sorry our country is so divided, but this individual is not fit, nor ever was to be in the position graced upon him. May we never, ever allow someone of this temperament an opportunity again. It was a perfect storm that got him there. Democrat or Republican. It's time to ethically renew the institution.
Re: Impeachment Drama [message #96085 is a reply to message #92903] Sun, 16 October 2022 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The show must go on so the soap opera continues unabated. Every aspect of this man points to an individual with deep psychological pathologies that degrades civility and useful public attention. I think if this had been successfully dealt with at the first go around leading to this thread. Our country and it's business, including the reputation, save a brave few, of the political party he represented having some ethical fortitude. Could have saved us all from one stupid mess after another. Including loss of life.
Exile would help. Maybe North Korea.
I can say by now, I'm bone-sick tired of hearing anything more about his abomination. But the show must go on.
Re: Impeachment Drama [message #96088 is a reply to message #96085] Mon, 17 October 2022 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I seldom chime in on political issues and actually take extra effort to avoid them. But in this case I'm solidly with Rusty. I feel the country has been severely damaged by the ex President. Unfounded and unsupported challenges to our fundamental principles were pushed out as truths. Time after time they were proved to be false. There were no facts to support them. For sure there were a handful of instances, but not nearly of the magnitude to make the outcome different. If you think about it a bit...who was in charge at the time of the 2020 elections. Why would they make the opposition candidate win? Who would have altered the process to make it happen? That really makes no sense. I am sorry if I offend some folks, but anyone who now sincerely believes that the "election was stolen" has been duped by a showman.

I do hope we can get over the issues but it seems they are ever present at this time. I believe we all have a lot more in common than we think and can work through this. If not, then our way of life that allows conversations like this text will be a thing of the past. I would like to think that my children and grand children will not be so divided on issues like this and better able to come together and solve them than we seen to be.

Kick me of the site if I'm too direct in this, but I didn't start the problem and the more it gets put under the rug the worse it will get.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Impeachment Drama [message #96089 is a reply to message #96088] Tue, 18 October 2022 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Politics seems to me to be partially like bad amateur community theater, and structured like team sports. Coaches, players and fans. People tend to root for their team whether they're performing ok or horribly. Tribal politics.
The issue concerning election integrity has been going on for some time even prior to this culminating in a grotesque ugly outcome. There is nothing wrong with the system. But innuendo can be a powerful tool in the hands of political actors. All they have to do is repeat it over and over. No proof needed. It's the seed of doubt that can blossom into the weed of hypocrisy.

I've learned to become more self critical of my team. I wish the league were larger. But that is our stilted system. By choice. The two teams who when it comes down to brass tacks, act as one with the singular aspect of our lives that evades all the culture war talking points that the political actors use. Which is the structure of our economy and the way it is run.

If the greater percentage of people could thrive economically in our democracy. The rest of this culture war crap could be dealt with more civilly. And unhinged demagoguery candidates would never make it to primary runoffs.
Previous Topic: Coronavirus Doctor
Next Topic: Yankees
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:32:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout