Home » Audio » General » Audio Controls In The Back Seat
Audio Controls In The Back Seat [message #90962] Sat, 28 September 2019 14:35 Go to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
Long time no see guys and gals!

So, I was tinkering with my car yesterday and I had a thought. (God help us all, right?) Laughing With all this talk of texting and driving, distracted driving, etc...... would it be outside the realm of possibility to wire up audio controls, namely the radio, in the back seat area so passengers can control the audio in the whole car?

That way the driver is not distracted by doing it themselves.
Re: Audio Controls In The Back Seat [message #90966 is a reply to message #90962] Sat, 28 September 2019 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Lots of stuff these days has remotes. So you could just put the remote in the back seat. Don't really need it up front. But if you want one in both places, buy a second one.

...Or you might check to see if your car stereo has Bluetooth remote control capability, in which case you might be able to control it with a smartphone app.
Re: Audio Controls In The Back Seat [message #90979 is a reply to message #90962] Mon, 30 September 2019 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
All good suggestions Wayne.

If you go the route that Airforce is asking about though, that would make the car very unique. A conversation starter among both car audio buffs alike.
Re: Audio Controls In The Back Seat [message #91009 is a reply to message #90979] Wed, 02 October 2019 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
The modern version already exists as GMC is one manufacturer I know of that makes vehicles with rear-seat infotainment for music, movies, and pictures. I understand what you mean about not wanting to use a remote, but most modern systems today are part of the smart tech web. They're going to operate with apps, hotspots, Bluetooth, and many other ways. That's what most people want I suppose.
Re: Audio Controls In The Back Seat [message #91023 is a reply to message #91009] Fri, 04 October 2019 23:58 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Strum Drum wrote on Wed, 02 October 2019 16:20
That's what most people want I suppose.
They want it because they see it advertised. That's my take on it. Ideally, manufacturers would be pushed hard to start making cars with the audio console in the back seat. In the front seat, it has become just one more distraction to take your eyes off the road.
Previous Topic: The More Serious Artists Out There
Next Topic: Safe to buy used/refurbished?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:07:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio