Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt
Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #90917] Tue, 24 September 2019 15:12 Go to next message
JordanS is currently offline  JordanS
Chancellor
I went to a concert on Saturday to hear the above bands. First off, anyone a fan of hair bands? Which have you been to see in concert?

I thought Firehouse and Warrant were great! They put on a great show. Ratt was horrible! The lead singer seriously looked like he rolled out of a coffin.
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #90928 is a reply to message #90917] Wed, 25 September 2019 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
He probably did. Laughing

Most hair bands were ok back in the day, but they weren't my scene as far as concerts go.

It's sad, but you can't help but get the impression that most of them are out there so they can pay their medical bills.
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #90932 is a reply to message #90928] Wed, 25 September 2019 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I loved those type of bands in the 80s, but now that I'm an adult I look back at those old concerts on YouTube and it's obvious most of them were high off their rockers. So now that's what I notice. I can't help it. Sebastian Bach of Skid Row was particularly bad.

Did you know Guns 'N Roses is touring again? It'll be interesting to see how that goes.
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #90948 is a reply to message #90917] Fri, 27 September 2019 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Last year I went to watch AC/DC and it was great. I swear I was deaf for two days after the concert. I went to Lynyrd Skynyrd earlier this summer and it was by far my favorite "oldies" concert. I had to laugh at some of the "fans". Some people were pretty sketchy, like they haven't moved past that stage of life.

I'll probably go watch Guns 'N Roses, just because I did love them back in the day. I'm really hoping to see Kiss!
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #90953 is a reply to message #90948] Fri, 27 September 2019 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:
I had to laugh at some of the "fans". Some people were pretty sketchy, like they haven't moved past that stage of life.
Ain't that the truth. I've gone to see bands that I remember seeing some people attend in the good old days, that now, grizzled and still smoking and drinking like they were 20 somethings still. Well... it's sobering to look at.
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #90980 is a reply to message #90932] Mon, 30 September 2019 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Madison wrote on Wed, 25 September 2019 19:47

Did you know Guns 'N Roses is touring again? It'll be interesting to see how that goes.
I saw them. They aren't playing to hundreds of thousands of fans anymore, but the venue was definitely packed and the energy was electric. Slash, Duff, and Izzy pretty much look and sound the same. Slashes guitar licks are still incredibly commanding. Axl, however, has the dad bod that many of us wind up with as we age. It doesn't matter though and I honestly wouldn't have thought anything about it had the other three not aged so well. Most of the time Axl sounded like his old self, but sometimes his voice would crack and quiver for a beat. But hey, he actually sang live. No tracks, no Auto-Tune, no help. How many other singers actually do that today? He kept the crowd engaged and never sounded the least bit winded. And just in case you're wondering - he still can't dance.
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #91080 is a reply to message #90917] Sun, 13 October 2019 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Singing live is a plus. Every rock concert I've gone to has been live. I don't think these bands would do anything but sing live. Call me crazy, but I'd love to see Ozzy. I missed my chance at Kiss and Lita Ford this year.
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #93400 is a reply to message #90917] Mon, 29 March 2021 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I love hairband groups. I'm all set for Motley, Def Leppard and Joan Jett this summer. I have seen Kiss a few times and I thought they put on a great show. I have never been a Ratt fan.
Re: Kix, Warrant, Firehouse and Ratt [message #93406 is a reply to message #90917] Tue, 30 March 2021 19:33 Go to previous message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I can believe that Ratt was horrible! I saw them back in the day and they were horrible then. I would love to see Bon Jovi someday. I bet he still puts on a great show. I did see Lita Ford a few years ago. It was a great concert.
Previous Topic: TV series that come to an abrupt halt
Next Topic: Netflix to release one new movie per week
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:42:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout