Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Promise not to tell?
Re: Rumours, [message #9085 is a reply to message #9039] Wed, 20 July 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Never actually tried any, and if I remember the filament voltage is different, but they should definately be the "bomb"...try some out and let us know.

russellc

Re: Promise not to tell? [message #9086 is a reply to message #9037] Wed, 20 July 2005 13:13 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Ebayers have been running the price up on this one for a long time. i use these in my super pasIII and in my counterpoint's phono section. Raytheon 5751 is also very nice. The RCA command (2 mica, but thick) also sound excellent in 5751. I have had mixed results with the RCA triple mica with white lettering, better results with the RCA triple mica with red letering. i have usually prefered 5751 in 12ax7a positions on my pieces, but they are getting harder to find. I use to buy GE 5 star and Rca 3 mica from triode ned for 8-12 bucks apiece in the 90's. the only 12ax7a that seems in the same league are the tungsram...excellent!

russellc

Previous Topic: Fixed Bias v. Cathode Bias
Next Topic: Zout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:09:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers