Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Starting a podcast
Starting a podcast [message #90366] Thu, 23 May 2019 12:51 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
The podcast industry keeps growing each day and its popularity has also risen over time. It is a much more reliable medium for people to speak their mind and probably earn a few bucks over time. I came across the link below and figured out that it isn't something so easy to venture into.

https://www.adorama.com/alc/podcast-equipment-everything-you-need-to-build-your-studio
Re: Starting a podcast [message #90435 is a reply to message #90366] Sat, 15 June 2019 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
Starting a podcast requires a lot of work, patience and commitment. However, once you are up and running, and once you start growing your followers, you can definitely turn a profit from it. I know some people who have built their entire businesses with their podcasts.
Re: Starting a podcast [message #90584 is a reply to message #90435] Sun, 30 June 2019 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Viscount
Since technology is always changing, I wonder how often podcasters and independent radio programs typically need to upgrade their equipment. Does anyone know? My wife used to do freelance voice over work but the gig platform kept increasing the standards to where her equipment was no longer good enough. She decided to stop instead of buying new gear because the rate of return on the investment just wasn't enough. It almost seems like podcasting and hosting a radio show is very much a labor of love rather than a lucrative job.
Re: Starting a podcast [message #90847 is a reply to message #90584] Sun, 08 September 2019 14:32 Go to previous message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Baron
Leot55, according to the deal hunting folks at SlickDeals, this USB Microphone Condenser Kit is on sale for about $38 on Amazon if you use code BUK7YZS3 to take $12 off at checkout. I'm not sure when the coupon code will expire. The reviews look pretty decent. Would that mic work for your wife? I'm considering getting one for my nephew's birthday. He wants to start a podcast and the equipment prices quickly add up.
Previous Topic: Sound masking vs sound absorption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 23:06:11 CDT 2019

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout