Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Best of the Worst Movies
Best of the Worst Movies [message #90620] Tue, 02 July 2019 21:38 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
There are some movies that were done very badly that these movies became very entertaining to watch. The Bird Box was not the worst movie I've seen, but I can say that it is on my list of bad movies. It's been hyped to be a good movie, but the plot was not good.
Re: Best of the Worst Movies [message #90623 is a reply to message #90620] Tue, 02 July 2019 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
I thought Batman Forever was great, if a little cheesy. It had an all-star cast and was filled with funny moments thanks to Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones. Val Kilmer made a believable Batman and he and Nicole Kidman actually had good chemistry. Much more so than most other Batman pairings. I was surprised to learn that the movie got panned by many critics and viewers alike.
Re: Best of the Worst Movies [message #90625 is a reply to message #90623] Wed, 03 July 2019 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I think the Transformers franchise was hyped up a lot but there's not much to it really and the whole thing just kind of drags on. The action is cool though. That's why I've seen them all.

I like ridiculous comedies like White Chicks and Mall Cop. Of course, they tend to go for the cheap laughs and hyped up stereotypes, but that's why they work.

Re: Best of the Worst Movies [message #90626 is a reply to message #90625] Wed, 03 July 2019 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Since I'd seen this low budget wonder as a kid, It's been my reference bad movie to love. Kinda a noir cult classic though. Blast Of Silence. Follows a hit man, Baby Boy Frankie Bono preparing and scoping out his victim and eventual whack job. All with narration references to Frankie's troubled upbringing. I think it was written, directed and starred by Allen Baron, AKA, B. boy Frank Bono. Cheese, as it's best. Limburger that is.
Re: Best of the Worst Movies [message #90633 is a reply to message #90626] Wed, 03 July 2019 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
@Rusty, I just saw that one the other day and enjoyed the heck out of it! It made me more tense than any other I've recently seen. The assault scene was uncomfortable, but I'm always thrown by how women and other races used to be depicted in film. Other than that, it's easy to sympathize with poor Frankie. I hated the ending. I knew it was coming, but I wanted Frankie to make it.
Re: Best of the Worst Movies [message #90636 is a reply to message #90633] Wed, 03 July 2019 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
That's very far out Leot55. Glad you enjoyed it too. A very obscure gritty noir period piece. Yeah, Frankie gets whacked too. Tough business to be in.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNTk5ZTUxMDQtYjE1OS00ZGQxLWIyNDUtZjkxZWM3OTk3ODhhL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ3NzIyNTQ@._V1_.jpg
Re: Best of the Worst Movies [message #90639 is a reply to message #90620] Thu, 04 July 2019 08:47 Go to previous message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
The title immediately brought into mind the movies of Adam Sandler. The first movies were hilarious because they were unique, in a sense. Can anyone remember this cameo: "You can do it!"? The latest films by Adam Sandler were mediocre at best.
Previous Topic: Rebooting Long Dead TV Series
Next Topic: Yes - The Royal Affair
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:27:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout