Home » Audio » Home Theater » Bed or Reclining Sofa
Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90497] Mon, 24 June 2019 06:01 Go to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
There were times when I like to lie down on a bed while watching inside the cinema. If I have enough money to create a new home theater, then I will place a movable bed so I can lie down while watching. Which would you prefer in your home theater, a bed or reclining sofa?
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90498 is a reply to message #90497] Mon, 24 June 2019 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I flop on the sofa. They still make chaise lounge chairs that might look more appropriate in a home theater room than a bed. But hey, whatever trips ones trigger as they say.
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90546 is a reply to message #90497] Thu, 27 June 2019 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
You can say that again. A sofa is really what we need in a theater for aesthetic purposes. I think there are sofas that can be converted into a small bed if I'm not mistaken.
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90634 is a reply to message #90546] Wed, 03 July 2019 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Jethro wrote on Thu, 27 June 2019 23:11
I think there are sofas that can be converted into a small bed if I'm not mistaken.
The sofa beds and daybeds that I've tried aren't that comfortable plus it would be a hassle to make and unmake the bed each time to convert it back to its other form.

Everyone knows you need a good recliner in your home theater room. I'm pretty sure I read that in a magazine somewhere at one time. Recliners are great because they allow you to be lazy without looking like you are lazy, they have these huge areas on the sides that are great for hiding the snacks you aren't supposed to have, and you can kick back and relax or even take a quick nap if you're watching Frozen for the billionth time with your kiddo.

My wife and kids got me some traditional movie theater seats, but I always worry about spilling stuff on them so I rarely sit there.
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90660 is a reply to message #90497] Tue, 09 July 2019 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I saw a massaging sofa last weekend when I went to the mall. I think that will be the best sofa for a home theater because it can help us get relief while watching.
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90963 is a reply to message #90497] Sat, 28 September 2019 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
I have a bed with controls that move your back and head up and inclines so your knees go up. It's a sleep number with controls for both mattresses, so that would be my home theatre lounger.

I would just have to convince my woman to make our bedroom double as a home entertainment room.
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90967 is a reply to message #90963] Sat, 28 September 2019 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Airforce 3 wrote on Sat, 28 September 2019 14:42
I would just have to convince my woman to make our bedroom double as a home entertainment room.

https://audioroundtable.com/images/Wow.jpg

Bow-chick-a-wow-wow! Laughing
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90968 is a reply to message #90963] Sun, 29 September 2019 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Tell her that with a bed in the home theater room, mirrored tiles on the ceiling make the room seem larger.
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90974 is a reply to message #90968] Mon, 30 September 2019 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

https://audioroundtable.com/images/Laughing_Felix.gif
Re: Bed or Reclining Sofa [message #90975 is a reply to message #90974] Mon, 30 September 2019 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Airforce: Just sayin' -

I'm not pokin' at you here. I just couldn't resist.

My wife and I have a home theater setup in our bedroom too.

So I'm kinda likin' all this trash-talk. Laughing
Previous Topic: The color bars
Next Topic: Huge delay on Fire TV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:38:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers