Home » Audio » Home Theater » Bright Room
Bright Room [message #90434] Sat, 15 June 2019 14:49 Go to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
I have a room that is extremely bright during the day. I even tried putting dark blinds, but it doesn't seem to help much. In your opinion, what kind of TV would have a somewhat brighter screen?
Re: Bright Room [message #90436 is a reply to message #90434] Sat, 15 June 2019 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Surely you can do something to darken the room.
Re: Bright Room [message #90437 is a reply to message #90434] Sat, 15 June 2019 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Look for room darkening curtains. Blinds and curtains together ought to tame the light. If not. Try plywood over windows if it's that bad.
Re: Bright Room [message #90442 is a reply to message #90434] Sun, 16 June 2019 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Blinds AND curtains should help.

For a bright room, the brightest tv's are the latest model LED's....
very high NITS...

The OLED's aren't there yet, they get their ability to display HDR from their extreme darkest blacks instead (the pixels completely shut off), but the HDR is still achieved.

I would use an oled in a rather dark room.
Also their motion cant be beat,
Re: Bright Room [message #90555 is a reply to message #90442] Sat, 29 June 2019 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
This might seem like a dumb question, but did you go into your settings and adjust things there? If the curtains haven't helped it makes me think you need to fix your TV settings. Make sure it isn't on energy saver mode.

Re: Bright Room [message #90589 is a reply to message #90434] Mon, 01 July 2019 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Move the television to another room. Very Happy

Adjusting the TV settings will help, but it can only do a little when the room is bright. Another solution would be to watch only at night.
Re: Bright Room [message #90596 is a reply to message #90589] Mon, 01 July 2019 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
Groot wrote on Mon, 01 July 2019 01:57

Another solution would be to watch only at night.
And then there'll be a street light that's bound to shine in or maybe the neighbor's floodlights will flicker through. Or am I the only one that has that kind of luck?

I can't fall asleep unless my room is pitch-black and the only thing that worked for me was a combination of blackout film and blinds. The window film is easy to affix. You essentially just peel and stick it. It doesn't require adhesive or anything. It was inexpensive and I've had it up for years. However, I will say that my window isn't exposed to precipitation since the carport roof is over it, so that could be why it has lasted so long. But like I said, it's inexpensive and I wouldn't mind replacing it. My room is dark as can be.
Re: Bright Room [message #90606 is a reply to message #90434] Tue, 02 July 2019 03:40 Go to previous message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
Drapes or a tinted window glass would be the solution for a bright room. Drapes or curtains are dust magnets, and they are heavy to wash. I would go with tinted glass windows as long as they are sliding glass windows, so you can slide it open when you are not watching the TV.
Previous Topic: Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD on sale online
Next Topic: Grab 3D TV while you can or hold off?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:54:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio