Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Brain Enhancement Through Classical Music
Brain Enhancement Through Classical Music [message #90541] Wed, 26 June 2019 22:54 Go to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
We have heard this discussion over and over again. If this is true, then why don't we just play classical music in all schools during class hours so that their learning will be enhanced?
Re: Brain Enhancement Through Classical Music [message #90543 is a reply to message #90541] Thu, 27 June 2019 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think learning HOW to play an instrument would be more effective in brain enhancement than just listening. Classify it under myths. Surely marketers would have glomed on to any significant benefits proven to this occurrence. My brother and I take great sport of a pseudo science based enhancement scam called Brain Balancing Centers. Originally cooked up by some chiropractor as a means to $deal$ with concerned suburban parents and their adhd, dyslexia, autism kids. The list goes on. We envision some contraption like out of Napoleon Dynamite put over a kid's head to balance those whacked out brains of theirs.

https://data.whicdn.com/images/9873477/large.jpg
Re: Brain Enhancement Through Classical Music [message #90545 is a reply to message #90541] Thu, 27 June 2019 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
There are some folks who are moved by all types of music. Genre doesn't matter, it just makes them happier.

There are others that just don't tune in. It's just background noise and they could take it or leave it.

Neither side is "right", just different. We're all a bit different in subtle ways.

Classical music would deeply move some folks and not do much for others. It's similar to certain foods, some folks love anchovies and others wouldn't eat them for large amounts of money. It's hard to make blanket statements that work for everyone.
Re: Brain Enhancement Through Classical Music [message #90548 is a reply to message #90545] Thu, 27 June 2019 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
Barryso wrote on Thu, 27 June 2019 14:46
Genre doesn't matter, it just makes them happier.
I would definitely go with this answer. I like classical music, but I won't use the music genre preference to determine if a person has a better brain function. The positive emotional stimulation due to the music that a person is listening to will help the person to think better.
Re: Brain Enhancement Through Classical Music [message #90573 is a reply to message #90543] Sun, 30 June 2019 08:00 Go to previous message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
Rusty wrote on Thu, 27 June 2019 08:43
I think learning HOW to play an instrument would be more effective in brain enhancement than just listening.
I concur with this statement. Listening to music might help us to be emotionally stable, but not necessarily enhance our thinking. Learning how to play an instrument will trigger the brain to function so that will help enhance the brain.

Is it true that playing an instrument will trigger the left (or right) lobe of the brain to function?
Previous Topic: Enjoying movies that most people don't
Next Topic: Song Covers Are Better
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:28:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout