Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Sound Redirection
Sound Redirection [message #90485] Thu, 20 June 2019 06:39 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I don't know the right terminology for it, but I would like to know how to redirect sound with the use of walls or other materials. It is like the umbrella used to redirect the camera's flash.
Re: Sound Redirection [message #90486 is a reply to message #90485] Thu, 20 June 2019 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think you're thinking of a reflector. A parabolic reflector is what is often used to make microphones more directional and increase on-axis gain.
Re: Sound Redirection [message #90511 is a reply to message #90485] Tue, 25 June 2019 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
If I'm not mistaken, there are already some topics about sound reflectors, I just don't know exactly where to find them. Concrete or wooden walls reflect sound while curtains and drapes absorb sound. I think there are also types of furniture that reflect or absorb sound.
Re: Sound Redirection [message #90560 is a reply to message #90486] Sat, 29 June 2019 11:08 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Thu, 20 June 2019 09:13

I think you're thinking of a reflector. A parabolic reflector is what is often used to make microphones more directional and increase on-axis gain.
A parabolic reflector is what I was thinking. Is there a similar device for speakers? For example, I have a 2.1 speaker and I wanted to reflect the sound from the 2 speakers to be redirected at my back ear. Is there such a thing?
Previous Topic: Awkwardly shaped room.
Next Topic: Acoustics in exposed brick and metal room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:48:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout