Home » Audio » Movies & Music » At the movies July and August
At the movies July and August [message #90446] Sun, 16 June 2019 18:26 Go to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
There are lots of great movies that will premier in July and August, which ones do you expect to see? I'm going to see the latest Spiderman and I hope it's decent because I've found some movies in that franchise great and some boring. The last movie I saw was Dark Phoenix and I'm one of the few viewers who liked it, so maybe that bodes well for the Spiderman flick too.
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90472 is a reply to message #90446] Tue, 18 June 2019 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Master
Like a lot of traditional formats. Newspapers, radio, physical copy's of music and the movie theater, are somewhat languishing these days. Two long standing movie theaters around me have recently closed. So, even being able to go out for the cinematic experience seems to be in some jeopardy these days. Irrespective to what even you'd care to go see.
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90487 is a reply to message #90472] Thu, 20 June 2019 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I know it isn't the same experience, but at least studios don't hold the movie hostage anymore. Now you can quickly find them On Demand, Netflix, and other channels shortly after the movie theater premiere. I hate to hear about businesses closing though, especially since it hurts livelihoods and the local economy.
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90502 is a reply to message #90487] Mon, 24 June 2019 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Master
My kids and I are excited to see The Lion King. Some of Disney's other remakes were lame, especially Dumbo, so I hope this one is better. I think it will be good, especially with Beyonce and Donald Glover in the mix.

@Rusty, small theaters are struggling around here, but the big chains are still doing well. It's awful to see a business close. I hope you have other theater options because sometimes you just have to experience the movie on the big screen to get the full effect.
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90504 is a reply to message #90502] Mon, 24 June 2019 17:28 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Master
I agree Madison. Unless your Jeff Bezos and have a house as big as a multiplex theater. The in theater experience is something that even the best home theater can't match, (size wise). Sure I can drive further to get the theater fix. But those nearby ones are much missed now. Whadda ya bet. Years from now. After brick and mortar theaters become almost extinct. They'll make a comeback, like vinyl did. The streaming experience will become stale like week old bread.
Previous Topic: Enjoying movies that most people don't
Next Topic: Brain Enhancement Through Classical Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 12:38:39 CDT 2019

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout