Home » Audio » Speaker » Cheapo earbuds
Cheapo earbuds [message #89986] Wed, 03 April 2019 00:56 Go to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I picked up a pair of earbuds for a buck at the Dollar Tree just to see what they would sound like. I expected to have a good laugh at how terrible they are, but for a buck, they really are decent. Although these are just plain wired earbuds, I wonder how they can sell them so cheaply and I question whether it's actually dangerous to use cheap earbuds and speakers. I'd hate to damage my other equipment. What do you think?

I've noticed that inexpensive earbuds and headphones start vibrating and having distortion when you turn the music up fairly loud. It doesn't happen with quality earbuds and headphones. Why is that?
Re: Cheapo earbuds [message #90002 is a reply to message #89986] Thu, 04 April 2019 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I can only speak to why they're cheap - I bet they're made with inferior components that will likely fray or crack and it won't be long before you'll be searching for a replacement. I'm interested in seeing how long they last so I hope you'll keep us updated.
Re: Cheapo earbuds [message #90448 is a reply to message #90002] Mon, 17 June 2019 21:30 Go to previous message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
They still work, but they've started lightly shocking me when I'm running on the treadmill at the gym. Needless to say I threw them away. So they lasted about two months I think.
Previous Topic: Headphone teardown commonalities
Next Topic: WinISD 0.44
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:13:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout