Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Awkwardly shaped room.
Awkwardly shaped room. [message #90156] Thu, 25 April 2019 15:14 Go to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
My new rec room is really long and has a section kind of "cut out" at the end, with a window. It seems like a good place to put the television, but I'm thinking having the T.V. sitting inside that boxed in area right in front of a window might affect the sound in some way. Should I put the T.V. somewhere else?
Re: Awkwardly shaped room. [message #90253 is a reply to message #90156] Mon, 06 May 2019 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I always avoid placing the TV in the corner of a room because it can be inconveniencing in terms of the sitting position. Have you thought about mounting it on the wall? In this case, you will have to consider height and distance!
Re: Awkwardly shaped room. [message #90264 is a reply to message #90156] Tue, 07 May 2019 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
Hey mamoss, that's a good idea. I didn't consider a mount. That will really free up a lot of space in the room. Thanks for the suggestion!
Re: Awkwardly shaped room. [message #90489 is a reply to message #90156] Fri, 21 June 2019 07:54 Go to previous message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
I also agree with mounting the TV on the wall. You will have plenty of space in the room for other stuff. Would love to see a photo of it once it's done Very Happy
Previous Topic: Soundproofing from outside noise
Next Topic: Sound Redirection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:47:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout