Home » Audio » General » Changing the listening experience
Changing the listening experience [message #90177] Sat, 27 April 2019 14:32 Go to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
How would it feel like for sound to be delivered right to your ears without wearing any device at all? I think this is a great idea and hopefully, this invention can see the light of day. Check the link below for more details.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/noveto-focused-audio-technology-could-make-headphones-obsolete-2018-6
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #90185 is a reply to message #90177] Mon, 29 April 2019 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
Wow, incredible. I would love that. I really don't like how headphones feel on my ears. This would be amazing. Hopefully they can improve the quality of the audio.
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #90189 is a reply to message #90177] Mon, 29 April 2019 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
It sounds like it is still years away from practical, real-life use. From what I'm understanding about this, it would be like having your smart-phone in your pocket with music streaming out of it, with the music going straight to your ears and no one else's.
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #90365 is a reply to message #90185] Thu, 23 May 2019 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
TheWanderer wrote on Mon, 29 April 2019 02:10
Wow, incredible. I would love that. I really don't like how headphones feel on my ears. This would be amazing. Hopefully they can improve the quality of the audio.
At times, it gets uncomfortable to have headphones on and so this could be an innovation that will resonate with a lot of people. If successful, Noveto will want to greatly improve the quality of the audio (among many other things) so as to get as many people as possible, on board.
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #90369 is a reply to message #90365] Thu, 23 May 2019 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
OK cool as it goes...but what happens when someone hacks it? Evil or Very Mad Commercials, obscene material or bells and whistles. Hummmm? Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #90372 is a reply to message #90369] Mon, 27 May 2019 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Good point there gofar and I think refining the final product will include looking at all the scenarios that could cause hindrance to the listening experience. However long it takes, there is every chance that this product will see the light of day.
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #91093 is a reply to message #90177] Sat, 19 October 2019 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
I would love this! I swear I have lost a lot of hearing and I'm sure it's from earbuds. This would be pretty amazing. I wonder though how I would listen to my music and not have another users interfering with mine.
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #91096 is a reply to message #91093] Mon, 21 October 2019 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Probably such implants would have digital addresses much like PC IPs on the web. Then they could charge you individually for the service. And most likely nickle and dime you for services...standard quality, high quality, no commercials...etc Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #91121 is a reply to message #91096] Thu, 07 November 2019 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
To sum it up simply, these are audio beams that bend when they have to? Beams that are basically condensed sound?

Hopefully you dont have to know the science and physics behind it to operate it.
Re: Changing the listening experience [message #91911 is a reply to message #90369] Tue, 19 May 2020 13:31 Go to previous message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Thu, 23 May 2019 21:47
OK cool as it goes...but what happens when someone hacks it? Evil or Very Mad Commercials, obscene material or bells and whistles. Hummmm? Confused

Or voices telling you to do something. You know those people who claim they murdered a family because the devil said "Yeah, that's a good idea. Do that."

I don't think we're socially responsible enough yet to have this invention go mainstream.
Previous Topic: The Best Set Up Audio
Next Topic: The Golden Age Of Equipment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:28:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout