Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Breathing Technique
Breathing Technique [message #90097] Thu, 11 April 2019 07:32 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I was listening to a classical music and I noticed the breathing of the cellist. I've heard that there is a finer way of singing without the breathing sound of the singer. Can this be applied to wind instrumentalists?
Re: Breathing Technique [message #90109 is a reply to message #90097] Sat, 13 April 2019 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Well, I have never come across a cellist breathing while playing the instrument but for one, it takes practice for a string player to know to best play an instrument without their breathing being noticeable. It is important for a cellist to understand how to develop playing techniques (articulating the lips and lungs taking in air).
Re: Breathing Technique [message #90114 is a reply to message #90109] Sat, 13 April 2019 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Viscount
mamoss wrote on Sat, 13 April 2019 02:04
Well, I have never come across a cellist breathing while playing the instrument. . .
You know they're breathing while they play, right? Otherwise, they'd be dead. That's a tongue in cheek response as I'm sure that's not what you meant.

A cello is a string instrument, not a wind instrument. Compared to other types, playing most of the string instruments is more similar to aerobic exercise. It requires quite a bit of stamina to move the bow like that and some of these instruments aren't easy to hold. Playing a musical instrument is also a form of communication so it makes sense that a cellist's breathing might be more noticeable during the most passionate parts. I agree though that sometimes it seems overdone and it can be distracting. Wind instruments require different breathing techniques for the most part.

Re: Breathing Technique [message #90147 is a reply to message #90097] Wed, 24 April 2019 00:04 Go to previous message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
Well, I'm not quite sure what you guys are getting at with the cellists breathing, but sometimes I do notice sounds from the musicians while listening to classical music. It can be a bit distracting, but it doesn't take away from the beauty of the music for me.
Previous Topic: Digital Editing
Next Topic: DAW less complicated than Reaper?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:53:11 CDT 2019

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio