Home » Audio » General » Speaker producing hums
Speaker producing hums [message #90070] Tue, 09 April 2019 13:50 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Whenever I power on my speaker, I get these low annoying noises. The cables used to be so entangled and the humming reduced after correcting this. Is noise filtering the only solution? It can be complicated and time-consuming too.
Re: Speaker producing hums [message #90076 is a reply to message #90070] Wed, 10 April 2019 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You probably have a ground loop, or possibly an interconnect with a bad shield. You just gotta chase it down and correct it.

Re: Speaker producing hums [message #90080 is a reply to message #90070] Wed, 10 April 2019 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Looking for what could be causing the hums can be a long tedious process and at times I prefer to let a professional handle this. For how long have you been looking to correct this?
Re: Speaker producing hums [message #90093 is a reply to message #90070] Thu, 11 April 2019 05:51 Go to previous message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
I also wonder how the hums were created. Does other equipment, like a TV screen or an equalizer, affects the humming sound of the speaker? How about metals that are part of the speaker cabinet, do they contribute to the humming sound?
Previous Topic: Gaming Audio
Next Topic: Your oldest piece of gear
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:58:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout