Home » Audio » Home Theater » Is 4K TV A Must?
Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90019] Sat, 06 April 2019 09:11 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Today's movies and some TV shows have 4K resolution. Will this type of quality become the norm that buying a 4K TV now would be a good investment for the future? Or will 4K TV become cheaper in the future?
Re: Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90030 is a reply to message #90019] Sun, 07 April 2019 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
If you have the money for 4K TV, then go for it. I'm sure the price of this type of TV will become cheaper as the years go by, and as this TV becomes the norm. I would wait if I were in your shoes.
Re: Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90046 is a reply to message #90019] Mon, 08 April 2019 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
The TVs will definitely become cheaper with time but we all know that the technology around this space changes rapidly so keeping up with the changes can be tasking. I would only buy a 4K TV if the one I have now suddenly malfunctioned.
Re: Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90049 is a reply to message #90046] Mon, 08 April 2019 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Is it a must? Only if you have your reasoning swayed by the what's new is best fantasy. I could care less this need to upgrade to every advantage they swoon at us. I use an older LCD tv that I've nursed along to keep working. Read the smart tv ads posting. T'aint woith it for me.
Re: Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90050 is a reply to message #90019] Mon, 08 April 2019 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
What I noticed with gadgets and electronic equipment in our time is that they easily get broken. I remember tapping the TV of my grandfather if it is not working and the tap will fix the problem.

As for 4K TV, I will be satisfied with a cheaper LED TV without the 4K option.
Re: Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90073 is a reply to message #90019] Wed, 10 April 2019 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I don't really think that a 4K TV is a must, unless a person can afford and is in real need of it. It is true that TV upgrades tend to 'happen' so fast when it actual sense, there's normally not much change in terms of resolution.

I wouldn't mind getting a 3D TV set, when that time comes.
Re: Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90079 is a reply to message #90073] Wed, 10 April 2019 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think that's been toy'd with some. I saw a display a couple years back of a 3D set. To me, the effect was unimpressive. Looked like layers of 2D images impressed upon one another. Kind of silly actually. They didn't last long, plus just the availability of material made to whatever standard it was. It's got a way to go yet unless some new development's come down the pike.
Re: Is 4K TV A Must? [message #90127 is a reply to message #90019] Sat, 20 April 2019 02:16 Go to previous message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
4K isn't really worth it right now. The resolution will still be displayed in 1080p unless you spend lots of extra money.In a couple of years, the price will go down. I don't care about 4K, 1080p still looks really great to me. How much more "realistic" do we need the television set to look anyway?
Previous Topic: Upgrading the router/hub
Next Topic: Buying the best home theater system
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:50:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout