Home » Audio » Source » Converting video to audio
Converting video to audio [message #90047] Mon, 08 April 2019 03:27 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I am always worried about converting video formats to audio because of loss of quality or getting audio formats that are not compatible with some devices. Which is the best way to properly do this and would you recommend online tools?
Re: Converting video to audio [message #90088 is a reply to message #90047] Wed, 10 April 2019 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Definitely back up your video before you try converting anything. I'm not sure about online tools since I haven't used them, but you could give this converter a try. Another option is to use VLC media player which is supposed to be good for making conversions. Just be sure to choose a lossless format as your output.
Re: Converting video to audio [message #90178 is a reply to message #90088] Sat, 27 April 2019 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Madison wrote on Wed, 10 April 2019 16:46
Definitely back up your video before you try converting anything. I'm not sure about online tools since I haven't used them, but you could give this converter a try. Another option is to use VLC media player which is supposed to be good for making conversions. Just be sure to choose a lossless format as your output.
Someone once mentioned that VLC is a good converter but I have never thought of using it before. I try to avoid the free online tools but there is every possibility that there could be a number of them that stand out!
Re: Converting video to audio [message #90278 is a reply to message #90047] Fri, 10 May 2019 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
In a case like this though, I would rather pay for the service. You Get What You Pay For is an old saying for a reason, and loving music to the degree I do means I have no issue shelling out money for this.
Re: Converting video to audio [message #90283 is a reply to message #90278] Fri, 10 May 2019 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
As long as you make a backup of your material, I see little reason to forgo trying to convert it yourself whether it's through standalone software or through a basic online conversion tool. The only reason I might skip trying it myself is if making the backup copy will degrade the original source and that original source is impossible to replace.
Re: Converting video to audio [message #90374 is a reply to message #90278] Mon, 27 May 2019 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I agree with you that a paid-for tool will most probably have more refined and advanced features than the one that's free. As mentioned before, it is always good to have a backup because things go wrong at times.
Re: Converting video to audio [message #90686 is a reply to message #90047] Sun, 14 July 2019 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
I think there are some websites that can convert our videos into an MP3 format. I've used a few of them before, but I was not satisfied with the converted quality. I just listen to the video if I recorded it on my mobile phone.
Re: Converting video to audio [message #92891 is a reply to message #90047] Fri, 01 January 2021 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jackol is currently offline  Jackol
Esquire
You can convert your music file to mp3 with https://www.onlinemp3cutter.net
Re: Converting video to audio [message #94827 is a reply to message #90047] Tue, 16 November 2021 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JoseHarrya is currently offline  JoseHarrya
Esquire
I never found a good sound file converter here. Maybe there are some other options?
Re: Converting video to audio [message #94828 is a reply to message #90047] Tue, 16 November 2021 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MaryAugust is currently offline  MaryAugust
Esquire
I wouldn't say I like converting files from MP4 to MP3, but I have no other choice. MP3 files have much worse sound quality. So I wouldn't say I like that format. But I have a pretty old radio in my car that only reads files in that format.
Previous Topic: Transcriptor Saturn
Next Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - Orchard Audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:08:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout