Home » Audio » Home Theater » The Importance of Screen Angle
The Importance of Screen Angle [message #89973] Thu, 28 March 2019 18:06 Go to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
I've been on a trip lately and stayed in a hotel. The TV screen in that hotel was above the eye level when I sat down on the bed. It was not a good experience because I have to extend my neck to focus on what I was watching. When we have a small screen in the home theater, we should always consider the angle of the screen so we don't have to strain our necks.
Re: The Importance of Screen Angle [message #90024 is a reply to message #89973] Sat, 06 April 2019 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Where you went wrong, is that you were sitting up rather than lying down to watch television with some pillows gently propping you up. You just need to be lazier.
Seriously though, I bet the whole television setup was just an afterthought unless you were staying somewhere swanky. Or maybe they were just trying to avoid the glare through the big windows.

You're right about how important it is to consider the screen angle. I remember when big flat-screens first became a thing, we bought one and expected it to fit where our old television went since we'd measured everything. Foolishly, we only considered the length and width of the television. Our new T.V. technically fit fine there, but it was super uncomfortable to watch thanks to having to constantly look way up at it. We didn't think that one out too well.
Re: The Importance of Screen Angle [message #90029 is a reply to message #89973] Sun, 07 April 2019 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
The arm holding the screen usually has a ball-and-socket setup that you can adjust to your eye level. If the screen has been screwed, we can't do anything about it.
Re: The Importance of Screen Angle [message #90063 is a reply to message #90029] Tue, 09 April 2019 11:01 Go to previous message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
Reggie wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 06:39
The arm holding the screen usually has a ball-and-socket setup that you can adjust to your eye level. If the screen has been screwed, we can't do anything about it.
What you have described is our setup in the house. The screen in the hotel that I stayed in has a fixed mount on the wall without the neck brace, so I couldn't adjust the screen.
Previous Topic: How Big Is Big Enough?
Next Topic: Upgrading the router/hub
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:05:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout