Home » Audio » General » Listening To Nature's Music
Listening To Nature's Music [message #89948] Tue, 19 March 2019 21:06 Go to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
I woke up very early this morning, and I noticed the sound of the chirping birds and rustling leaves due to the soft wind breeze. I tried listening to it, and to my surprise, it actually helped me to get in a calm mood. I'm usually tensed in the morning because I need to rush things before going to work. Have you ever tried this?
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #89949 is a reply to message #89948] Wed, 20 March 2019 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like those kinds of ambient natural sounds too.

One of the things I listen for in a sound system is whether or not it can give an illusion of reality when reproducing sounds like those.

I love it when I hear those kinds of sounds on a movie soundtrack and can't tell if it was the movie or reality. I wonder if the birds or the crickets are nearby, or if they were in the soundtrack. If I can't tell, the sound system has done its job.

Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #89951 is a reply to message #89948] Sat, 23 March 2019 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
My aunt gave me a CD collection of Pachelbel with the sounds of the seashore. The sound is like I'm really beside the beach. I always play that CD whenever I wanted to sleep fast as it is very relaxing to listen to.
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #89961 is a reply to message #89951] Wed, 27 March 2019 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I like taking walks on some of the local trails. And there are parts of the trails that are free from the constant noise of traffic. It's so peaceful it's spooky. It really clears your noggin of all the fuss of living.
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #89971 is a reply to message #89948] Thu, 28 March 2019 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
Nature's music is really soothing. The problem with us is that we don't take time to appreciate it. I'm glad that there are still people who enjoy the simple things that nature provides.

I also love staying still and enjoy listening to the sounds of nature, but I often doze off when I get too relaxed.
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #90157 is a reply to message #89948] Thu, 25 April 2019 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I love the sound of nature. Like Rusty, I enjoy taking a walk on trails. I'm fortunate to live in an area that has many. One of my favorite things to do is walk to a lesser traveled part of the trail, sit on a fallen tree or rock, and just take in the scenery. The smell, sight and sounds melt away any stress I have.
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #90163 is a reply to message #90157] Fri, 26 April 2019 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The music of nature I get to hear to is silence in the morning. I work in a major city during the day, so the sounds of silence is music to my ears.
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #92857 is a reply to message #90163] Sat, 26 December 2020 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
I used to work outside as a shovel bum on an archaeological crew and other members of the team wanted to listen to music while we dug. But our crew leader wouldn't allow it. He insisted that nature's music was the best music. And he was right. I found that I noticed many more sounds that I normally did. And it was pretty peaceful. So now, when I go on walks, I don't listen to any music but Mother Nature's.
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #92893 is a reply to message #89948] Fri, 01 January 2021 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Yes! I love the sounds in nature. I am sitting here right now listening to the freezing rain hit the window. I have no place to go so the sound soothes me. I love listening to the wind and the birds. I would say my favorite sound from nature is waves crashing onto the rocks at the beach in Maine.
Re: Listening To Nature's Music [message #92950 is a reply to message #89948] Fri, 15 January 2021 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
It eased me too when I chose to sit still in the sun and just listened to the background. My mind also got cleared from overthinking, which has been happening a lot because of lockdown.
Previous Topic: Coping With Tinnitus
Next Topic: Independent or Chain Retailers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:43:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio