Home » Audio » Pro Sound » The Audio Side Of VR
The Audio Side Of VR [message #88773] Wed, 05 September 2018 14:48 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Virtual Reality (VR) has seen much progress over the years. The one thing you don't hear about with VR though, is the audio side of things.

Where do you think music stands with VR? Or do you think it ever will?
Re: The Audio Side Of VR [message #88851 is a reply to message #88773] Thu, 20 September 2018 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
The talk about VR audio often gets me confused as to whether there is any difference with the 3D audio technology? Does this refer to producing audio signals that suit VR content?
Re: The Audio Side Of VR [message #89828 is a reply to message #88851] Wed, 13 February 2019 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Sometime in the future, I think we'll be able to attend concerts via VR technology. It will feel like we're an actual audience member. The technology either isn't there yet or they haven't figured out how to monetize it well.
Re: The Audio Side Of VR [message #89938 is a reply to message #88773] Mon, 18 March 2019 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I hope I stick around long enough to see some cool advancements in VR and AR technology. It's been hyped for so long, and while I know I'm not going to be stepping onto the holodeck in this lifetime, I want to see something more advanced than Google Cardboard.
Re: The Audio Side Of VR [message #90444 is a reply to message #89938] Sun, 16 June 2019 17:58 Go to previous message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I think the latest standalone VR headset by Oculus called the Oculus Quest is a huge improvement on VR capabilities. Hulu has already put on virtual reality concerts and as the technology continues to grow and improve, so will the audio capabilities.
Previous Topic: Digital piano
Next Topic: Learning without a real life teacher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:15:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout