Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies (Are they real?)
Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies [message #89815] Tue, 12 February 2019 20:43 Go to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
Do you think some of the substances that actors are snorting or drinking in movies are the real deal? What about smoking weed on set, because it is now legal to smoke weed in some states?
Re: Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies [message #89817 is a reply to message #89815] Wed, 13 February 2019 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Most of the time, I think that they just put up a show so as to bring out the desired character in a set. Whether or not they use the real deal would depend on many factors.
Re: Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies [message #89875 is a reply to message #89815] Sat, 02 March 2019 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I highly doubt it. I just can't see illegal drug usage being allowed on the set of a production. Also, there are multiple takes for one scene most of the time. Imagine the actor had to ingest drugs for each take. They would certainly not be in their right state of mind and be able to continue working.
Re: Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies [message #89876 is a reply to message #89875] Sun, 03 March 2019 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Why would any legitimate studio want to jeopardize having production shut down by procuring then using substances, as well as the above aspect of impairment of performers seems to be self evident. It's all make believe remember. Unless it's a documentary.
Re: Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies [message #89889 is a reply to message #89815] Sat, 09 March 2019 08:12 Go to previous message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
I would say that it depends on the kind of production and the kind of movie they are making. Big production companies with popular stars appearing on the film will not jeopardize their reputation by using illegal substances.
Previous Topic: Upcoming Shows of Interest
Next Topic: What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:51:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio