Home » Audio » Home Theater » Movie Collection
Movie Collection [message #89260] Tue, 20 November 2018 08:16 Go to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
Do you collect movies? If so, what type of movies do you collect?

I love watching war documentaries and movies because it tells us the grit and determination of the people affected by those wars. Leaders of nations are in conflict, but the people who have no quarrel against each other are the ones fighting.
Re: Movie Collection [message #89266 is a reply to message #89260] Tue, 20 November 2018 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I use to. Kind of lost interest though. I like a variety of movies, older movies of ones that I'd enjoyed and newer types of differing genre's. Off beat movies interest me. Titles such as Ghost Dog, Buckaroo Banzai, Bubba Ho Tep and The Brother From Another Planet I made a effort to find.
Re: Movie Collection [message #89268 is a reply to message #89266] Tue, 20 November 2018 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I collect Disney movies, but that's mostly for the kids. Now that everything has gone digital it just doesn't seem as important to collect anything. It will always be there.
Re: Movie Collection [message #89278 is a reply to message #89260] Tue, 20 November 2018 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
My movie collection has become a dust collector with the arrival of the digital copy and streaming movies. I don't have a specific genre because I buy the ones I want to re-watch.
Re: Movie Collection [message #89364 is a reply to message #89260] Sat, 15 December 2018 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I used to collect movies when I was younger. Anything "quirky" or unusual. I fell upon some hard times a couple of years ago and sold them all to the local trade shop. It did sting a bit to part with my collection at the time but I actually prefer the lack of clutter. Physical copies of movies are almost obsolete now.
Re: Movie Collection [message #89384 is a reply to message #89266] Sun, 16 December 2018 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I collect all kinds normally on BlueRay I have 100's

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Movie Collection [message #89430 is a reply to message #89260] Sat, 22 December 2018 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I collect them as well.

Mostly action/adventure types.
My family love watching movies, although my wife has a hard time sitting through them lol.

Most all are blu-ray, and now blu-ray 4K, even though I don't have a 4K flat screen yet.
I do have the 4K player though....
Re: Movie Collection [message #89739 is a reply to message #89260] Thu, 07 February 2019 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
I've collected a lot of movies, from CD to Blu-Ray formats, and they are piling up in my home. I'm contemplating on selling some them and keep the ones that I really like re-watching. What about you guys, what do you do when your collection becomes just a dust magnet?
Re: Movie Collection [message #89991 is a reply to message #89260] Wed, 03 April 2019 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
I place my collection in a box when I've collected a lot and becomes a dust collector. I don't want to sell or give away my collection because I can pass it down to my children when I become old.
Re: Movie Collection [message #92743 is a reply to message #89260] Wed, 09 December 2020 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MRikki is currently offline  MRikki
Baron
I've been collecting Pixar movies for many years. I still have my VHS copies of Finding Nemo and A Bug's Life that I watched when I was a kid! Very Happy I've recently added Onward to my collection, and I'm looking forward to purchasing Soul when it comes out on DVD next year.
Previous Topic: 3pis built & subs purchased. Finalizing Placement in AT Baffle Wall
Next Topic: Home Theater for the Outdoors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:53:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout