Home » Audio » Radio » Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio?
Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #89684] Sat, 02 February 2019 11:22 Go to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
A free subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio came with my car when I bought it. I've enjoyed this freebie for several years now, but it will expire in a few months. I'd like to know if there are any alternatives or am I stuck paying for Sirius if I wish to continue having satellite radio.
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #89725 is a reply to message #89684] Tue, 05 February 2019 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Definitely double check, but I think most car devices are tied to specific radio bands, especially when they're preinstalled as part of the package deal. You should be able to tell just by looking at your satellite radio and if it's branded SiriusXM you might be out of luck with switching. Besides that, SiriusXM pretty much has a lock on the market. There's not much choice out there.
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #89735 is a reply to message #89684] Wed, 06 February 2019 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, join the surprised masses. Not only does Sirius / XM cost after the "trial" period, they also provide the Nav, Info and Secuity features that you may have. Some of which are of dubious value. One thing that may save you a few dollars is to get the basic music service vs the expanded one that comes with most vehicles. You will not miss the other features and it about half the cost. I still have about 70 channels.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #89749 is a reply to message #89735] Thu, 07 February 2019 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
For some reason, I figured there were lots of choices out there, but I see satellite radio is similar to our cable providers. We only have one cable provider in my neck of the woods. I have a GPS unit already, so I don't need that. I guess I'll look over my Sirius radio options since I believe it auto-renews month by month.
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #90972 is a reply to message #89684] Sun, 29 September 2019 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
I'm dealing with this right now. My free trial ends on October 8th. I swear they call me three times a day. I have decided to not renew. My vehicle has a bluetooth connection. I'm just going to listen to music from my phone. I do have unlimited data though.
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #91089 is a reply to message #89684] Tue, 15 October 2019 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JordanS is currently offline  JordanS
Chancellor
I thought I'd listen to Pandora through bluetooth too but I bit the bullet and paid for the subscription. It cost me 100 bucks, but I got all the NFL games too.
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #93638 is a reply to message #89684] Sat, 01 May 2021 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I am running into this right now too. I paid $100 after my free trial ran out. Now they want a crazy amount a month. I like the sports stations too, it's the only reason I keep paying for it.
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #93640 is a reply to message #89684] Sat, 01 May 2021 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Yes, what a PITA. However, for a while you can play a game with them. Discontinue the subscription and unless they have changed (very doubtful) they will offer you a new deal. I did this about once every 14 months for about 6 years. Usually the deal was for $100 for a year as opposed to $25 each month. You can try to talk to them on the phone as well and sometimes they will make a good offer. I dropped them 4 years ago and they still send me teasers to restart at really good prices.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Alternatives to Sirius Satellite Radio? [message #93939 is a reply to message #89684] Thu, 17 June 2021 20:58 Go to previous message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I didn't know that they actually deal with you. I will have to try to cancel the subscription and hope they give me a year for $100. I listen to the Yankees all the time so I'm paying the price.
Previous Topic: Less People Listening To Radio
Next Topic: Discovered any new podcasts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:01:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio