Home » Audio » Home Theater » The most expensive Home Theater Speakers
The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89445] Mon, 24 December 2018 23:48 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Sometime last year, I was checking stuff online and came across the Transmission Audio Ultimate that cost a staggering $1,200,000 then. It uses 40 subwoofer cones that are lined up in a grid formation, resulting in frequencies that are so low with the distortion so limited. Who would purchase speakers that expensive?
Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89447 is a reply to message #89445] Tue, 25 December 2018 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Rich guy's. Who else. An estimation of Jeff Bezos, the googly eyed owner of Amazon based on the past year is 19 million an hour. Broken down further, with the increase to $15 hr. to his employees, is their annual salary every 11.5 seconds he rakes in. He and any of the other 5%'s could pick up a set of these babies and never bat an eye. A stark reminder of the system created to enable this niche market.
Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89569 is a reply to message #89447] Sun, 13 January 2019 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Rusty wrote on Tue, 25 December 2018 09:13
Rich guy's. Who else. An estimation of Jeff Bezos, the googly eyed owner of Amazon based on the past year is 19 million an hour. Broken down further, with the increase to $15 hr. to his employees, is their annual salary every 11.5 seconds he rakes in. He and any of the other 5%'s could pick up a set of these babies and never bat an eye. A stark reminder of the system created to enable this niche market.
Wow, what does it take to be that rich? How can someone be worth 19 million an hour? At times such systems are created for the niche market and not necessarily because they are worth the price!
Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89574 is a reply to message #89569] Sun, 13 January 2019 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:
Wow, what does it take to be that rich? How can someone be worth 19 million an hour? At times such systems are created for the niche market and not necessarily because they are worth the price!
That's what I've asked myself for several years, having worked under the tyranny of the corporate health care system. From what I've read about our economic system, It is a prevalence of thought and educational dominance of the notion of neoliberalism. The liberal aspect being the cozy deregulation to the whims of wall street. Which is how one man can make 19 million bucks an hour and amass over a hundred "billion" dollars! When his company salary is a mere $81,840. Which most American's would consider a dream salary.

Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89585 is a reply to message #89447] Thu, 17 January 2019 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
Am I reading this correctly? 1.2 MILLION dollars on speakers? Even if you could purchase them, why would you? I have to wonder - how much do million dollar speakers cost to produce?
Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89589 is a reply to message #89585] Fri, 18 January 2019 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well like a lot of the high end products, (and not just audio). I believe there is quite a large markup, just for the status aspect. I mean, there's audio cable's that sell for thousands. How nut's is that. It's just the simple aspect of supply and demand in an exclusive niche market. The manufacture's of these expensive baubles probably spend as much or more on getting advertising in the audio rags as they do putting them together. Anyway, who cares how much a billionaire is getting fleeced. We're getting fleeced with the tax breaks they get to invest.

Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89596 is a reply to message #89585] Sat, 19 January 2019 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
TheWanderer wrote on Thu, 17 January 2019 11:33
Am I reading this correctly? 1.2 MILLION dollars on speakers? Even if you could purchase them, why would you? I have to wonder - how much do million dollar speakers cost to produce?
They may not cost as much to manufacture but at the end of the day, the laws of market supply and demand, carry the day. There is no way in the world I would go for such speakers, if I can't afford them.
Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89617 is a reply to message #89445] Wed, 23 January 2019 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
Some people have more money than brains. $1.2 million on speakers is a purely status symbol purchase. Speaker technology only goes so far. At a certain point, you won't be able to get better speakers no matter how much money you throw at them.
Re: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers [message #89628 is a reply to message #89617] Sun, 27 January 2019 05:55 Go to previous message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Newjack wrote on Wed, 23 January 2019 12:14
Some people have more money than brains. $1.2 million on speakers is a purely status symbol purchase. Speaker technology only goes so far. At a certain point, you won't be able to get better speakers no matter how much money you throw at them.
What you say is very true and I have always wished that any speakers had a capability of being upgraded without the need to purchase a new system arising. Are we ever going to exhaust what technology can achieve? Things keep getting better every other day!
Previous Topic: Problem with new OLED T.V.
Next Topic: Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:37:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout