Home » Audio » Home Theater » Wall Color
Wall Color [message #88994] Wed, 10 October 2018 19:00 Go to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
Most theaters are using dark colors on its walls. I don't know if it works well with home theater because dark colors look gloomy when we are not watching anything in the living room. What do you think?
Re: Wall Color [message #89376 is a reply to message #88994] Sun, 16 December 2018 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
When it comes to projectors, I think grayer tones are supposed to help the picture look its best unless you're planning to use a screen. If that doesn't appeal to you, what about adding a black border to frame out your white wall so that the viewing area is clear? It might be a good compromise. A lavender color might work as well.
Re: Wall Color [message #89388 is a reply to message #89376] Mon, 17 December 2018 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I bought a kit with special paint for my wall and it turned out good, but if I had to do it again I'd install a retractable screen instead. In order for the video to look nice you need a perfectly smooth wall so there's a lot of work patching and sanding. And woe betide the person who touches the area with their dirty fingers after it's all said and done.
Re: Wall Color [message #89571 is a reply to message #89388] Sun, 13 January 2019 05:13 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Lost the Remote wrote on Mon, 17 December 2018 08:39
I bought a kit with special paint for my wall and it turned out good, but if I had to do it again I'd install a retractable screen instead. In order for the video to look nice you need a perfectly smooth wall so there's a lot of work patching and sanding. And woe betide the person who touches the area with their dirty fingers after it's all said and done.
What color did you settle for eventually? I support the idea of a retractable screen as well. For the walls, neutral colors are usually recommended so that accurate colors are maintained on the screen. Mid-tones to dark shades of grey or brown give the best viewing experience. Though black is an obvious choice for most people, the room may eventually feel smaller.
Previous Topic: Is it better to sell or set up a secondary system
Next Topic: Problem with new OLED T.V.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:49:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout