Home » Audio » Measurement » Measuring noise levels
Measuring noise levels [message #89400] Tue, 18 December 2018 03:23 Go to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Viscount
We all risk exposure to harmful noises which could have an effect on the sensitive structure of the inner ear. I use the Decibel X app to measure the intensity of sound but then how accurate can the free apps be?
Re: Measuring noise levels [message #89413 is a reply to message #89400] Thu, 20 December 2018 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Chancellor
I haven't tried the app you mentioned. I use the free app that was created by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). It seems accurate to me. https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2017/01/17/slm-app/
Re: Measuring noise levels [message #89558 is a reply to message #89400] Fri, 11 January 2019 13:47 Go to previous message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I think that we often get exposed to dangerous noise levels, without even realizing it. I would easily go for the NIOSH Sound Level Meter app that meets certain testing criteria. It is equally important to settle on accurate app.
Previous Topic: Audio Measurement Mic
Next Topic: Room EQ Wizard.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 02:15:37 CDT 2019

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout